Mobile deer blind.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Has anyone built a deer blind on top of running gear. This is fairly common down here. I bought a small hay wagon recently, 6’x10′. If you have done so I am asking for pictures and suggestions. I appreciate your help. Gonna be nice to hunt in comfort and take naps.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

You might be better off on the couch jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

You might be better off on the couch jester

dont give him ideas!!!!! rotflol maybe a rocker recliner!!!!!

stevenoak

On a running gear you will want blocks or stiff legs they creak back and forth on the gear. Also tie it down if you put it on a high spot.

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20211216_0905360016125.jpeg

2. IMG_0605-scaled.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I think the lazy boy will fit in that toast

stevenoak

This one on an old, shortened boat trailer. Like it better, it’s more maneuverable a 4-wheeler. Also 3 points to the ground are very stable. They all have 2×4 framing with home quality construction. Don’t get wasps or insects in the off season. Being dk brown they warm up quick when the sun comes out. Lots of afternoons in uninsulated clothes and tennis shoes.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0861-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_0859-scaled.jpg

stevenoak

Executive desk chair. With proper lumbar support of course. First one will accommodate 2. Worst problem is staying awake when rain is hitting the metal roof and it’s nice and dry and warm inside. Almost never use a heat source. Can’t find inside pictures. But several hours sitting in it during the build. Shelves cup holder and hooks in perfect spots. Now I use the small one and have given the big on to my buddy for him and his daughter. 2×6 windowsills with a pad are a perfect bench rest.

stevenoak

Robbie, You looking for a one man or one for you and your dad?

brandyman
    West central MN

My family has a few of these, used old wagons with scrap steel laying around for the stands. They still will blow down in strong wind if too tall. Trees also become an issue when moving. Used the “pentagon” style plastic and a muddy on the other. My suggestion is dont use redi pannels, the dang birds put holes in mine! I am using tin next time.
    Yes, warm in daytime, but they cool off quickly!

robby
    Quad Cities

I think the lazy boy will fit in that toast

If it were not for the mice I would for sure have a recliner in my condo. I am setting this bad boy up for comfort. Even have a camp toilet for going poo.

robby
    Quad Cities

Robbie, You looking for a one man or one for you and your dad?

Dad has one, but yes big enough for Dad and me. The hay wagon I bought is 6’x10′. I can put a pretty good sized club house on top of that.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks everyone, appreciate your assistance and humor. Keep the ideas, and bantor coming!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.