Saturday April 10

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Fished MN today. We have our second catch and release opener that goes April 1-17 open to all streams, bait allowed however we still have the barbless hook rule (soon to be abolished). Got on to my favorite pool 15 minutes before sunrise. This guy hit a worm. Looked about 14.”

I caught a bunch of chubs. Tried those on a #2 hook but no luck. By around 8:00 it was time to try the next area. Lots of pheasants and turkeys crowing. The pheasants were however the most chatty prior to sunrise. One hawk above was screeching away. Lots of songbirds too, I should know the names by now.

Switched over to a #9 Panther Martin silver with blue.red stripes on the spinner. Cast here in the blue green water.

BAM! This guy nails it and made a couple of really tall jumps trying to shake the hook.

Estimated 15″ but nice and fat.

Interesting the river has changed quite a bit. Pools got pushed around. It is like fishing new water. See this downed tree? To the left is a pool easily six feet deep.

I switched back over to crawlers and had one on right away. Looked about 15-16″ but the hook shook off. Discouraged but I reloaded another worm, casting at the beginning of the pool getting a nice slow drift to the deepest part. WHAM!

Estimated 16.5″ Another real chunky one. It was 9:30 and I promised Jenn that if fishing was good and I got some nice ones I’d be home early so I called it a day.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

wow!them are pretty cool pics!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

SCUDLY,
    Way to go in the early morning.
    Very nice pics and Trout.
    Jack

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Great underwater shot!!!

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.