Goretex Waders

• flinthills76
    Winona, MN

Was wondering what type of waders you all use. I am in the hunt for a new pair. I want something that will last a long time. Rubber is not the way to go.

I was thinking Simms. What do you all Reccommend?

Hey What is going with the event coming up with Stewarts Fly shop?

Craig

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I recieved a pair of Cabalas Goretex waders as a gift from my wife, that was about 8 years ago. They have been great! The first pair developed a small leak but Cabalas exchanged them for a new pair with no hassel. I have heard nothing but good reports about Simms but have had no experience with them.
    John

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

I have the Simms Guide Series Gore-Tex breathables. I have no complaints and would highly recommend them. I use my hippers more when the weather is hot or I know I can wet wade better than donning a pair of chest waders (which I roll down to my waist). I’d recommend not getting chest waders but pant length waders.

If you do go with the Simms, the price is a bit daunting, but the quality is fantastic.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I have a pair of the Cabelas brand breathables. Went on a field trip to LaCrosse,Wi and went to the LaCrosse boots outlet store and got some nice wading boots to go with them. Best move I ever made. Boxed up the Neoprenes to be used only for Steelhead fishing. Wore the breathables for a week in Alaska this summer and loved them(wore them some days for 18 hours).

jjonsgaard
    Winona, MN

I would recomend breathable if you dont plan on doing a whole lot of winter season fishing. If you do a lot of winter season fishing neoprene. For a brand I recomend Cabelas. They last a long time and when they wear out they will get you a new pair.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.