Spring in SE MN

• keepcasting
    Excelsior

I am looking to get a weekend blocked off this spring to camp and trout fish in SE MN. I have been to Forestville and Whitewater in the summer and fall but never in the spring…I am thinking late April and I really love Forestville, but am open to suggestions on when and where…thanks!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Whitewater is really nice, lots of smaller creeks close that run clear when you get spring rains. I make that trip many times before.
    That area can get really busy on a weekend though.

Ron

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

Weekends in the spring before the lakes open and turkey season is full on are busy wherever you go, especially if you want to camp. Whitewater and F-ville are nice places, but MANY people use those state park areas. I Iguess a lot of it depends upon what you are looking for: just to fish and relax, catch a meal, no interest in harvest, etc.

The way our rules are finally set up, there are many diverse opportunities for anglers with all levels of expectations.

D.A.

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I would prefer to not have to deal with crowds, that is why I tend not to go to Whitewater, but as long as I can get out of the house and relax on the stream and catch a few fish I will be happy…I usually keep a couple of fish for one meal, but that isn’t always neccessary…Camping isn’t mandatory, just nice way to save a couple of bucks…also, is there a place that you would recomdend calling or stopping by to get a couple ideas on patterns on my way down?
    Thanks,Jason

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

I only would suggest WW if you do like to hike. There’s lots of decent fishing if you get 15 minutes away from most roads. If you want flies and/or patterns suggestions, let me know as I tie and sell flies for the area.

IM me and I’ll give you some ideas about potential streams outside of WW and Forrestville.

D.A.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.