Field Staff Addition – Dave “D.A.” Anderson

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

EFN is happy to announce the addition of Dave Anderson to its growing Field Staff Team!

Dave is an experienced trout angler and has a wealth of information to share with us here on FTR in our new MN Trout Streams Forum. Our intentions are to really expand our trout coverage and bringing Dave aboard, to supplement the excellent information we already get from John Eggers, is certainly a step in the right direction.

A little more about Dave, in his own words… “I have been fly fishing since the early 1990’s and trout fished since my youth. I am an accomplished fly tyer and guide, first getting my start a few years ago when I put together the Hiawatha TU web page and newsletter (now mntu.org). I typically spend 50 days a year on the water fishing myself and many others with clients. I’m eager to help others out and have a great deal of knowledge in aquatic insects, streams, rules and regulations, etiquette, and general fly fishing knowledge.”

I urge everyone interested in seeing this forum turn into a focal point of trout fishing information to take the time to welcome Dave. Feel free to ask questions… Dave indulges his “itch” by taking part in the winter catch and release season so he’s been out recently and likely has the skinny on a number of different stream in SE MN.

From EFN…

Welcome Dave “D.A.” Anderson!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome aboard to EFN Dave. I know you will be a great asset with all your knowledge to everyone who loves trout fishing. Please feel free to ask Dave any questions you may have on trout fishing and if you want to learn the streams better in southern Minnesota he operates a guide service as well. Good to have you with us Dave. Bill

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I’m very appreciateive with the kindness and professionalism EFN has shown.

fireflick
    Alma WI

Welcome aboard Dave! You are going to have lots fun here.

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Welcome Dave, Looking forward to working with you. Take care…

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Hey Dave, have you ever fished the “good side” of the river for trout? Just wondering if you spent any time in WI trout fishing. You Minnesota guys have it made, we have to wait until March to hit the streams again. Congrats on the new position.

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

I wish I could fish your side of the river more – certainly management practices, quality of fisheries, and number of miles of trout streams makes MN look pretty average.

Like you said, we do have the opportunity to fish about two full motnhs before you guys. That access will get even bigger as we have added a ton of streams for 2003, so by January 1, 2004, there will be numerous options. It wouldn’t surprise me that the next time the DNR meets to discuss winter trout stream expansion that they will open ALL designated trout streams for the winter catch and release season. Maybe this will increase some out of state license sales (since we donate quite a bit of $ already to Wisconsin via Metro anglers hopping the border and hitting the Rush, Kinnie, etc.).

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Welcome aboard Dave!
    I like your reports, the one on winter fly fishing is great!
    John

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Hey Dave, welcome to the group here on EFN.
    Look forward to meeting you soon.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Welcome D.A! You have been a regular contributor to the message board for quite sometime now. I always enjoy what you have to say. Keep it coming!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.