3 trips….0 Flats… need warmer water on the MN

• larry_haugh
    MN

Well, Ive been out 3 times in the last few weeks with 15-16 hours in with no flatties to show on the lower section of the MN

Water temps are holding at the 58-59 mark since mid April, we need it to warm up a few more degrees to get the bite started.

I’ve been hearing sporadic reports that some flatheads are coming in. Mostly smaller ones under 10 lbs. There have been a couple larger ones 40+, from shakopee down to mankato that I’ve heard of.

The channel bite is going really well with many very nice fish 30 inch and larger.

Launch conditions seem to vary, some areas are keeping up and clean, others need some work covered in mud and sand.

Debris is minimal and flow is approaching low water conditions if it drops a few more feet.

Hope to bag a flathead in the next week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the up date Larry. Sounds like Pool 4.

I went to a couple channel cats spots on Saturday and ended up with a plugged telltail. Water is very low for this time of year…but then it seems like everything but the flatheads are 3 weeks ahead of schedule.

PS I’m not looking forward to fishing in the snow this weekend.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Are you going out west Brian

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Hello,
    If your looking to boat a nice flathead just head to pool 2.Ive landed 3 in the last week over 20lbs biggest was just under 40lbs all caught on bullheads.
    Good luck everyone!
    Tight lines and screeming clickers!
    Kevin

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Are you going out west Brian

here’s the forecast for friday nite in the cities:

Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain in the evening… Then a slight chance of rain and snow after midnight. Lows around 35. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Last year we fished in pretty much blizzard conditions on walleye opener up by Park Rapids. Fun times indeed!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.