Minnesota river level 3/19/2010

• ezwalt
    MN

Couple of photos from today; this is at the Bloomington access. On Monday I could see most of the concrete ramp now it’s all underwater

Scott

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Would you mind adding these picts to this post? I took some pictures yesterday and it looks to be up another foot. Did you happen to see the road the utilities/municipal trucks use to dump snow? If the river is up 2′, it has to have water on top now.

Wow, I just opened both threads side by side and it is up at least a foot. That sign was dry yesterday at about 4:30.

johcal

Thanks for the update…

ezwalt
    MN

No problem
    And yes, that utility road is under water now

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks. OMG! I see you added one showing the road under water! I wonder if any of it if going to wash away. They must have put some hard clay in there, but one of my picts shows it starting to erode. It probably will not really start eroding in that spot until the water starts receding. The river should probably start slowing it’s rate of rising since it will get spread out more now it is over the banks. Thanks for the picts!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow! Thanks for sharing. It’s a good drop from where the water is now to where it is in the summer, eh?

jxjones
    Andover, MN

Thanks for the update! Going to try to break in my new motors down on pool 4. Might have to wait until the water goes down.

wkw

Careful you don’t “break” your new motors down on P4. Lotta big stuff coming down. The one’s you can see are fine, but the one’s you can’t….

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I’m in Mankato for work and drove 169 today and they were making a sand wall along the side of it just north of St. Peter1111 Also I think all west bound roads that cross the river from Lesuer to the ferry bridge are closed, with the exception of Belle Plaine. Wow! Long detour for some people.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Did you happen to drive by the launch in downtown St. Peter? If the river is getting to the top of that hill, you can be sure it is gonna flood on 169…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.