Cold Night on the Minnesota River SAT. / Skunked

• larry_haugh
    MN

Decided to head out on the MN river with Shamu on Sat night.
    Conditions were not looking good. With the pressure rising and strong winds during the day. Weather predicted cold and winds were slated to die down after 7:00pm which they did. Temps were 42-43 degrees when we got off the water.
    We had bites on shad and bullheads but no hook ups. It was pretty slow for others out there as well.
    Looks like this upcoming week is the one we have been waiting for with warmer temps in the 70s. The water temps are currently around 60F and should rise to the mid 60s.
    The fish should be biting better soon, I bet Memorial day weekend will be a good one.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

We managed one little guy Saturday night and that was it. It was a little chilly heded back to the launch at midnight.

The past few days have been very good for my boat

Water temp today was up to 65

larry_haugh
    MN

I was out Monday night and boated one very nice channel and a MONSTER CARP….. Biggest I’ve ever seen.
    Lots of bites. The warmer water is starting to get the fish a little more active. I’m looking forward to this weekend.
    Heard about a busted prop….. Ouch…
    I’ll knock on wood… I’m long overdue for a ding on mine.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

More than busted buddy, it was GONE when we pulled the motor up. The channel cats afterwards helped ease the pain a little All that was left was the keeper pin and the washer ans nut!

When we going out I heard of a 42″ and a 38″ last night

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

More than busted buddy, it was GONE when we pulled the motor up. The channel cats afterwards helped ease the pain a little All that was left was the keeper pin and the washer ans nut!
    When we going out I heard of a 42″ and a 38″ last night

Sounds like its gotta be soon….. Maybe after the weekend.
    Last I heard you will be Hanging on P2…. For the Extended Holiday… Knock em dead before the Mrs… does.
    We are long over due…. Good luck this weekend….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.