Gun Club

• vern
    Richfield, MN

Anyone know how to access Gun Club Lake in Bloomington? I remember fishing it 20+ years ago & catching some pike. I’m guessing it’s still a long hike to get there. I used to fish Long Meadow a lot too & caught some nice pike in the Spring near the old Cedar bridge. I’m kind of curious about these lakes again. Send me a PM if you don’t want to post.

Thanks – Vern

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Thats a good question. I was looking at those lakes on my Lowrance (no contour) because I saw some kids the other day drilling a hole and setting some tip ups up. I bet there would be some hogs in those waters.

dead-weight
    prescot wi

park at the hwy 13 and 494 bridge and walk the bike trail next to the 494 to get there

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I fished the bass ponds a few times last year. Long Meadow looks like it is too shallow to hold fish and it gets choked with weeds, but I know there are fish in there. I have seen some massive carp in the shallows in the spring. I am talking monsters. I’d like to get out there in a canoe or at least find a decent shore spot on Long Meadow. The only places I have seen are very shallow extending out from shore.

Any info would be appreciated, because I am fascinated with LM and the Bass ponds.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Bass Ponds have been dry for years. All that’s left in any of those lakes is carp. Gun Club was flooded out in 1997 and washed all the good fish out. I see and ask every year if there are any fish in Gun Club. The answer is always no. I can tell because it’s always different people. No one person or group ever returns. Plus it’s a heck of a hike!! Especially pulling a sled or wagon with all the gear. There are hills to up and down on the front and back end of the trails.

Quetico

Well if anyone ever wants to try , I’ll happily portage my canoe in there to try with ya.

mfreeman451

there is no easy way to get there then? I was just told the other day buy a local fisherman that there were a ton of bass and pike in there and was planning on checking it out tonight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.