Heading South for a last hurrah

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

SO I am going back down to the ol’ Judson launch this weekend.

Anybody been out on the Minn lately? You think working deep water with current and Moore’s shad will be effective?

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Moores Bait

Dfresh, Not sure where ol’judson launch is but I would stand behind my shad in producing. Larry Flatcaster stopped in today and is heading down to the MN tomorrow, so look for a post from him. Good Luck where ever it is you go.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Thanks Bob. I told you about Judson last time I was in the shop (jeez has it been a month?!). West of Mankato, just south of Nicollet.

I’ll be in on Saturday morning to get some shad and some provisions.

See ya then!

larry_haugh
    MN

Shad is one way to go right now if your looking for Big sheephead. Thats all Rory and I were able to boat on Friday.
    We were fishing deep water, wishing it was a little deeper.
    Good luck

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Well, we picked up a few smaller channels and a couple of sheepies too.

I missed a big ‘something’ at one point, brought the shad back in and it was absolutely destroyed all the way up to the gills.

larry_haugh
    MN

Sounds like a good time Dfresh. Its funny how the shad can get sucked right off the hook.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I missed a big ‘something’ at one point, brought the shad back in and it was absolutely destroyed all the way up to the gills.

That’s what keeps me going fishing! The big one…that I missed!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I tell you what, an unsuccessful outing makes me want to get right back at the fish more than a successful one. I am sticking to “The Sun Shines on Every Dogs Rear End Eventually” theory”. Well as far as flats are concerned. One day I’ll catch me a 20# pig

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

The buddy I was fishing with caught a channel cat so small, I think it hatched this spring. We eyeballed it at about 3 oz or so, just about as heavy as my no-roll. THis was in the same spot as my big ‘something’.

It was a beautiful day on the MN. The only real hindrance to fishing was all the leaves in the water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.