09/01/06 Minnesota near Judson

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

We got out on the river at about 5PM on Friday night. We had been told about a great spot about 2 miles upstream from the Judson boat launch. Unfortunately, the river was far too shallow at some points for us to get through. After bogging down and polishing the prop a few times, we settled on a spot with lots of dead trees and logjams and a fairly heavy current break.

What a spot! Within about 5 minutes of setting up with cut shad (thanks for carrying this stuff Bob!) we had our first fish – a 9-10 lb channel. After that, we caught many more in the 3-6 lb range, and rounded the night out with another solid 10 lb specimen. I only have a picture of the first big guy as my camera phone doesn’t work well in lower light.

My Buddy Joe with the first of the night.

larry_haugh
    MN

Nice Fish Mate!!
    Glad to hear that you found some nice channels.
    I hear what your saying about the low water. THere have been some spots where I can’t get through either.
    But hey look on the bright side….. like you said “you got a nice polished prop”
    thanks for sharing the info.
    Were gonna take a run at it tonight for some flats and channels. Hope the light rain turns them on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.