Fishing In Mankato

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey guys. The Mankato area doesn’t get mentioned very often, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

My buddy and I are going out Friday afternoon/night in Mankato. We were thinking of launching at Sibley West or off Judson Bottom. Anybody know if this area is any good?

We usually fish just North of St. Peter but have decided to get some shad and try for cats right in the Mankato area. We will have a boat and we have the will to move around considerably. Any advice?

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

There are some good spots in that area. The water is very low though. Might be a little tough getting around so take it slow.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

The boat is tiny and not very fast, we should be good.

Would you suggest the MN or the Blue Earth. Also, would you fish closer to Kato or closer to Minneopa?

Thanks again!

Red3

Lake Washington has had a good bite for about everything the last few weeks.

Red 3

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

If you are looking for flats I would say to stay on the Minnesota. I am not real familiar with the Blue Earth, but I’ve fished some of the upper stretches of it and caught channels.

I would land in Kato and fish towards Judson. There are some spots that can be good in that area. Heck, there are good spots all over the river, just have to have the time to fish them all and be in the right place at the right time.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Yeah, you pretty much summed the plan up.

larry_haugh
    MN

Good Luck Dfresh,
    Give us an update on how you do and river conditions.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I guess I was mistaken. We will not be putting in at Judson Bottom, but in the town of Judson, a few miles distant.

Heading to Moore’s tomorrow afternoon for shad, then hittin’ the river. Hopefully I will have some pics!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.