Hello In Here…

• dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Anybody bending any rods lately? The Minnesota is starting to look really good! Hopefully it doesn’t rain enough to bring her back up too much again.

I’ve been getting a few smaller Flatheads the last couple of weeks finally….Just never know when Mr. Big will latch on!

kyleb
    Mankato MN

The action down here has been ok with alot of little ones and nothing over 20lbs. I Am also waiting for Mr. Big to latch on!

Kyle

lld2004
    N. Mankato, Mn.

Ya it’s been slow but the river is starting to take shape. May be able to pinpoint them a little better with the lower water.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Did the really hard rains over the last 2 – 3 days hit you guys up there on the MN?

wambat
    adrian mn(sw mn)

went out saturday night ended up with only 2 fish 7-10lbs, full moon and lightning though. weekend b4 hit a good hole ended up with a 45,30, and bunch under 12lbs.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Monday night I got my first fish over 30# since last May. It was a fat 35# yellow one that wanted a chub. The river looks great in the Belle Plaine area. The heavy rains have been spotty and shouldn’t bring her up very much….but then again, its the Minnesota River!

I spent the weekend looking for bait and agates…found some nice specimens of each!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The river on Red Wing is up a tad but nothing major. Some of the walleye guys caught and released some big flats in the 20 – 30 lbs range during the day (didn’t qualify for the tournament) during the IDA GTG but the cat guys struggled at night.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Wow! Walleyes for bait uh? I’ll have to try that!

I’ll have to get down there one of these days again. Haven’t been to the dam there for a long time…Thats a bunch of water to cover.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Hey Dark30, welcome aboard. Nice to see you over here!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What else are walleyes good for?

Welcome to the site Dark30!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We get too many of you cat guys running around we might have to find a way to thin the herd.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Thanks guys! Over here over there where ever. I just like to talk fish.

Hey Scott, I hear you’ve become quite the master angler….good job! So it is possible to fish and pay bills uh?

The Minnesota is rising a little again with these last few rains. Hopefully it dosn’t get out of hand again. I need a good fish tonight for cat league! I’m way behind

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dark,

Is there ever any good cats in the Chaska area, or do we need to get further south around Jordan/Belle Plain to really get into the good cat waters. My neighbor wants to hit the MN one night, I’m just not sure I’m comfortable in that shallow of a river at night.

lld2004
    N. Mankato, Mn.

Hey Dark how’s it going? You hit Rapidan lately? I haven’t been there in a while was wondering how the fishing was there. I know the pie is good. BTW you know me better as Lucky.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Waterfowler, The lower part of the river is a great place to find cats. From Chaska to Savage has a lot of very nice holes, creeks, and good areas in general. My biggest in this stretch was 46#. Boating on the river at night is creepy no matter where but once you know your way around, its not so bad unless the river is really low. Study the river when it is low and it will answer al lot of questions. I spend most of my time fishing from shore so the fog isn’t a factor when boating after dark…I just gotta find my way out on foot!

Hey Capt! I just got home from a little road trip down to the Blue Earth/Rapidan Dam area. I brought my son down to Kato to turn in his aluminum cans (80# = $40) not bad. The water is up and quite dirty again. It was just getting nice again too. I heard some nice walleyes were coming out last week again. I’ll probably put some cut bait to work tonight around Belle Plaine….Or maybe just stay home and play Unreal Tournament 2004…RELOAD!! [image][/image]

disguy

Hi guys.
    Been a long time since the last post.
    Anyone visiting this forum regularly?
    I fish the river as much as I can.Looking forward to catching a few walleye this fall.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Been purty quiet down here….

lld2004
    N. Mankato, Mn.

With the way the river had been rising and falling the last couple of months it has been tough finding fish at times. The river is starting to settle down nicely now, so maybe we’ll get more reports. For walleyes and whites that is, water is getting a little cold for cats.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.