Minnesota open water 2 lines proposed

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

no spug, kooty did not say you should run for election, he just said someone should

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

People hate me as is. So why would I run for office and give them one more reason.

I see you are from Mora. Is the ice off Knife yet? I hope we have a decent opener this year, as far as the weather is concerned. Not that I mind taking money from my brother’s in Texas Hold’em when we are chased inside.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I can’t say i know about knife, however the lakes that I see are just about open the middle is open at least with some remaining ice on the downwind shore. at least thats what the few lakes in the area I have seen look like as for the weather on opener, that will never happen where you have nice weather on the opener it will be nice the week before, and thats a guarentee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hear you. I was telling the girlfriend that on the Humane Society Walk the weekend before, we’ll probably have 70-80 and sunny and the next week will be 50 and rainy! The funny thing is it seems like it has been like that for the last 3 openers or so, but Sunday always seems to bring beautiful weather. Lot’s pf walleye guys like fishing in the rain and clouds…not me.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

ok spug we don’t need to hijack daves thread anymore if you want to go fishing up this way let me know and we can go but please, for daves sake, send it tome me in a PM
    As for the 2 lines I would love it, I normally fish a lot of the time alone, so I could easily pass the time fishing for smaller fish while waiting for the big one to bite

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

I say “yep” on the 2 lines! I agree with so many of the comments here…2 lines don’t make bad fisherman better… everyone doesn’t always keep a limit… trolling is more efficient with 2 lines… pay for an “extra rod” stamp… why is it OK in winter but not in summer… git-r-done I say! I fish the river most of the year anyway and find (unless I’m trolling) 2 lines are a hassle most times. I agree that our neighbors to the east have it and their fishery is stronger than ever…it’s nothing but nonsense to keep putting it off!

Tuna

Hawg Lbr
    Sartell, MN

I’m totally in favor of 2 lines! I do a lot of fishing by myself, and seldom would be able to use two lines, but trolling 2 rap rods would be great, especially when all the other guys want to sleep when the fish want to eat!! My folks live on a lake in sconny where you can fish 3 lines.. what a mess when you’re panfishing, but can you cover some area trolling!

predator2 jr
    rochester,mn

i don’t see how 2 lines would have anymore effect on fish mortality than one would because there is limits set for reason alls making to lines would do is maybe make its so you could fish a dead rod and pitch jigs or maybe cast cranklbaits i vote for 2 lines

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dave,

You got any idea what the bill name/number was/is?? I’ll try to get a status on this.

danno
    Central MN

HF0191
    SF0972

Haven’t seen any updates on these. Let us know if you find out what happened. thanks.

VikeFan

I voted “yes” on the on-line petition. Since most points have been hashed out thoroughly, here are my reasons, in a nutshell, for favoring two lines per angler on open water in Minnesota’s in-land waters.

The only good reason I can see for keeping the one-line limit would be increased mortality of fish released after capture. On a hot bite, people will catch more fish with two lines than with one if they have the bite dialed in, and it seems likely that a few more released fish will die as a result of stress or injury.

The problem of released fish mortality, if it is a problem, can be addressed with adjustments in bag limits, if it enough of a problem to matter. Besides that, I agree that a legal limit is a legal limit, regardless of how fast it was caught. Fish hogs are going to do what they do, no matter what the rule book says.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.