just got back from Minnesota

• JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

Me and my family just took a trip to baxter/ brainerd minnesota.we left on a sunday and came back on a wednesday.we fished for 2 days while there. we troled lake Hubert. the day started off great. we caught a 19″ smallie, a 29″ and a 28″ northern. Then it started to slow down when i got the biggest fish of they day it was a 3 foot nothern!! after we caught that we went troling the other side of the lake. wile troling my mom thought she had a clump of weeds when she pulled out a spinner bait. we pulled the spinner out and there was a rod and real along with it!lol after that we didnt catch anything except a small 20″ northern, so we decided to go crappie fishing.that started off good we caught about 12-13 when it was starting to get dark as we made are last cast my mom stared to real in a crappie when she said it got heavy…she kept realing for about a min. when we relized a 29″ northern has latched on to the crappie!..we got them both in the net amazingly. then we had to call it a night but it was a great trip!
    -Jonathan

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I grew up a few miles from Lake Hubert. I and few others on this site think that Hubert is one of the best lakes in the area.
    Sounds like the family had a great time. You guys caught some nice fish.

Ron

emover
    Malcom, IA

Sounds like fun Jonathan!
    Glad you had a good trip

dave

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Great story!

I like Ron have some fond memories of that area, I spent alot of summers up there in the 70s and 80s.
    We did a lot of shore fishing then but those lakes all hold some of those big crappies!

Way to go!!!!!!!!!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I love bass fishing Hubert. It will be interesting to see if the new c&r rule will help that lake as it has others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.