Two Inlets

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am going to a resort this weekend on Two Inlets. I was told that it is near Park Rapids. Does anyone know anything about this lake? I would like some nice eyes, but any fish are better than none. Any info would be appreciated. I will post a report when I get back. Thanks in advance.

Pannyraid

My family has stayed at Brookside Resort on Two Inlets for the past 20 years, usually for a week in July. Two inlets is a relatively small lake that is about 15 miles north of Park Rapids. Although there are walleyes in this lake, they are certainly not abundant and are difficult to catch at times. Like a lot of lakes sunrise and sunset are the best time for walleyes on Two Inlets. In the mornings I have had success with green spinners tipped with leeches and or suckers/chubs backtrolling the weedlines. In the evening switch to a chartreuse or fire tiger shallow diver and also work the weed edges. If it is a sunny warm day, you will have a better chance of finding a three legged ballerina than catching a walleye in the afternoon hours. Again, there are some decent walleyes in the lake, but if you catch more than 1 or 2 a day I would be surprised.

Now for the good news. Two Inlets is the best crappie lake that I have fished. In past years there has been a huge number of 9-12 inch crappies that make this lake a blast to fish. In July, they are extremely aggressive and will hit many different things including plain plastic jigs (white, pink or purple), plain hook and minnow, and my personal favorite the beetle spin (reel in very slowly). Try the shoreline that has the floating docks on it and the small bay that is adjacent (to the left) of the little channel that leads to the second part of the lake. These crappies will hit on cloudy days, mornings, and every evening starting about 6:00 pm.

There are some bass and northerns on the lake also that will provide for some additional action. Good luck!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Pannyraid, thanks a lot for all of your help. The people I am going with have been staying at Brookside for about 20 years also. It sounds like it should be a pretty good time. I will make sure and give you a report so you can find them when you go up this year.

Pannyraid

Bigfife,

Were the fish bitin’ on Two Inlets last weekend?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I was going to post a big report, but I was having a hard time getting my digital pictures to work. This was my first time up there, but I think that I will be back. We caught about a dozen 10-12 inch crappies and twice as many smaller than that. I didn’t fish real hard, but the evening was the time to be out there. All of the fish were in 5-7 fow. Another boat in our group caught 3 nice walleye Sunday night, caught two the next afternoon, and got skunked that night. I didn’t fish hard for the walleyes, but I know they are out there. Send me a PM if you want some specific spots, but I am sure you know more of them than me.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Hate to tell you this but the fishing was the BEST the day that you left. The wind settled down that evening and the bite was on, about 40 just at the back of the pontoon boat. Then another 25 -30 at another spot that we tried before you left. Keeped 8 but boat after boat came in with limits that night. Then it was back to fishing like we did before you left, a couple here and there. Maybe we can hook up sometime and get out again.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

My father lives up in Park rapids/Osage. we spend alot of time fishing straight lake (aka the dead sea). I have produced some nice crappies out of that lake the 2 summers. right around this time. on the water at 7 am and done fishing by noon. going through about 2 scoops of crappie minnows. the two inlets state forests butts up to the back of our property, so I know of that area really well.

shane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.