MN Opener

• topshotta

I fished yesterday, 9/14 from 9-8. Sunset was a bust. Caught 3 fish 30-38″ between 11 am and 4. Fish were in the weeds 7-15′ and wanted small bucktails. The fished seemed very boat-shy and there was a lot of other guys out there. I tried a headhunter (8″) for the first time and moved some nicer fish on it. I was surprised that I didn’t get bit as that thing looks great in the water.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Been a rough couple days on vermilion. Only saw one yesterday and two this morning. Once the rain and wind died down tonight was insane. Hooked into two and had two blow ups on top water during the minor. Crazy action in an hour span. Big fish too.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

No fish in the boat but we saw more 50” class fish than i have ever seen. 18 follows and 10 were easily close to 50” one being mid 50s. Slow lures moved them. Nothing was very active.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I caught a nice 36 inch tiger muskie yesterday morning. First muskie I’ve caught in 2 months. Plus a bunch of smaller pike. The water is still very warm for late September, 70.3 degrees. The dog wanted to be in the photo too.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3591.jpg

2. IMG_3594.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Great fish! With it being so hot i did a decent amount of night fishing. Had two blowup on a topwater but didnt get hook. One of them was big.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I tried one last time muskie fishing today in that hurricane. Boat control was an issue, even on a smaller lake. Did not have any muskie bites or follows. Caught 2 pike, both decent sized. 31 and 32 inches.

Saw a couple boats sitting there with giant bobbers and decoy suckers. Talked to one of them at the landing. Not a bite in 4 hours for them.

Water temp is still quite warm, 55 degrees, north metro.

I went muskie fishing 7 times this season, caught 2 fish. Not a very good season, but I’ve boated zero many seasons so 2 is better than getting blanked.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.