MN Lifetime License

• ______________
    Inactive
    MN - 55082

I’m not going to do the math, but I think what he is saying that if you were to invest the $xxx money yourself,

It’s pretty close. For an adult lifetime @ 574, you need to yield about 4.6% to pay for that license and earn the following year’s $25 license.

The exercise really depends on future costs as much as investment strategy. I’m guessing you’d need to break 5.5% year to year to cover the increasing license and any fees and taxes related to the investment? Buying a lifetime certainly is not a horrible investment imo. As stated, they make an awesome gift.

I got my lifetime the year they came out as a birthday gift from my wife, then girlfriend.

tim hurley

Its a life and death bet. Bet most things are. Would the CO resusitate you if he knew you had one-or improve the DNR profit margin by letting you go???

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

As soon as they do away with having to reprint one and carry a new paper copy with you each year (I mainly fish border waters), then I’d consider it. With people paying down that much $ into the resources well ahead of time, the least they could do is come up with a way to make it more convenient.

Many purchase a trout stamp each year, so getting a new one isn’t much of an inconvenience. Also, I’m sure the govt. wants to maintain that yearly opportunity for residents to pay additional fees, stamps and maybe an AIS signoff. tongue

When I first got mine, I thought the plastic wallet sized card sent out was a valid license. When I was informed that wasn’t correct, the DNR officer didn’t appreciate when I jokingly suggested it was a waste of natural resources to send out a useless card and coin.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

My Sons and FW bought mine for my 50th Birthday….I’m thrilled.
    I go on-line, print about 4 copies, (for the boats, truck, and fly vest) This last year I unintentionally printed the Trout Stamp but no the Lifetime copy. My 2 brothers and one son and I got ‘carded’ fishing Lake Mille Lacs at the launch. The officer says,’ah, this is the trout stamp.’ :0 Then I said, ‘well I have my MN life time License.’ He looked it up on his computer in his truck, and said, ‘your good!’
    I should be buying my Sons one!!! Wish I had when they were ‘little boys!”

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

My Sons and FW bought mine for my 50th Birthday….I’m thrilled.
    I go on-line, print about 4 copies, (for the boats, truck, and fly vest) This last year I unintentionally printed the Trout Stamp but no the Lifetime copy. My 2 brothers and one son and I got ‘carded’ fishing Lake Mille Lacs at the launch. The officer says,’ah, this is the trout stamp.’ :0 Then I said, ‘well I have my MN life time License.’ He looked it up on his computer in his truck, and said, ‘your good!’
    I should be buying my Sons one!!! Wish I had when they were ‘little boys!”

mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

I received a sportsman liftime as a gift from my late grandma when I was younger (not sure how old). It’s by far the best gift I have ever received. I moved out of state for college (ND) but have since moved back. Every year I go get my License I think of her and say thanks. I also grew up in a family that that would rather be floating on a boat then standing of land so it was pretty much guaranteed I would fish my whole life. My my wife and I end up having kids my parents will be gifted it for them as they have for all my sisters kids. It’s the definition of a gift that keeps giving for an outdoors man.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.