MN Fishing Opener Roll Call

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

So lets hear the plans where are you going? We are going up to Wabedo Lake in Longville this year. Looks like decent weather and hoping the water temps are going to be in good shape also. This year its just me and my best friend going we took Friday and Monday off. Hoping to find a few slabs Friday and hope the eyes play along starting Saturday. Like every year I can’t wait!

Good luck to everyone and stay safe IDO friends! toast wave

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been fishing walleyes on the croix every day since wi opened. I think I’m sick of eyes, we were going to go to red and fish but im switching gears and gonna target smallies. But at the same time I may switch that idea over to large mouth and just stay by home.
    It’ll come down to Friday when I make my final decision.

Might even just leave the boat at home and take the wheelers up to moose lake or the nemaji

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am going to try the Rum River. The water level is low enough where its not super murky and its high enough where its safe. Target will be smallmouth and largemouth but I can almost guarantee I’ll catch pike too. Maybe a bonus walleye. I’m fairly positive that the bass are still prespawn which I wasn’t expecting with our early ice out.

Reef W

Going to be fishing east end of Vermilion until Tuesday. Pretty much the first time I will have fished there (on east end) besides one very short outing last year when we quickly decided it was too windy.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m going up to Red Lake and hopefully pound the walleyes. Only done stream trout this spring so excited to get back in a boat.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Trolling Lake Superior for coho and Lakers.
    Might try trolling the harbor flats for eyes for a little bit, if I go out of Duluth.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

We’ll be making the Annual opener trip up to Namakan to get @Grubson cabin opened up & hopefully get the docks where they need to be, if the water is high enough. Plan on chasing a few Crappies & maybe some Pike Friday. Got a Walleye beat down planned for Saturday. yay

Most years we are hoping the ice will be out by the time we go. Won’t have to worry about that this year! Weather is shaping up nicely as well!

Deuces

Gonna see my first baby go to her first and last prom Friday. Sending her out of state to college later in the year so this will be a bittersweet moment.

Probably hit the river up at midnight after, that way I get fishing in and I’m up in case she may need a ride after a party.

welliou

Heading to Kabetogama/Namakan with two long time friends. We are all long retired and have done this trip many times. We’ll stay about a week.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I will be totally avoiding the zoo.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have always wanted to try Kab just never made it up there

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I originally had plans to take a few days off work and go to the hunting shack near Virginia and fish some local lakes there and probably Vermillion for a day. Work got really busy so switching gears and will be fishing closer to home with a friend on the horseshoe chain

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Heading to Nevis, and depending on the weather heading to Leech or one of the smaller area lakes. Might give Belle Taine a run at midnight too, if I can stay awake!

Charles

Crosslake area, I will be channel between rush a cross for some walleyes. I do have a week off going to fish thunder and some other small lakes for small mouth!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Horseshoe Chain near St Cloud…

toddrun

Big Sandy Lake for me. Help a buddy open his cabin, put the docks and lifts in, and fishing Saturday and Sunday. Annual tradition that changed from Mille Lacs several years ago.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ll be on Pool 4

If we ever can manage a group to commit to an old-fashioned “opener” trip, I’d like to give URL a try. It’s hard to get my friends and family to want to leave Pool 4 with its proximity and the postspawn bite that generally occurs in May and early June. The 1 mile of travel and no wait to launch are hard to negotiate against.

mrpike1973

I’ll be fishing a lake near Kingston. hopefully the wife has off bass for me all the way. all lakes within 20 miles for me and smaller ones. I think it will be very nutty this opener.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ll be on Pool 4

If we ever can manage a group to commit to an old-fashioned “opener” trip, I’d like to give URL a try. It’s hard to get my friends and family to want to leave Pool 4 with its proximity and the postspawn bite that generally occurs in May and early June. The 1 mile of travel and no wait to launch are hard to negotiate against.

I hear you, It’s getting harder for me to justify the trip to the iron range every year when the bite is good and the river is 5 minutes from home. Still do it for the tradition

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Alexandria area – shallow, turbid water should have some feisty fish. If not, long-lining floaters in 4′ should find me something. Looking forward to the boat ramp spectacles.

tradersbayrookie

Heading up to leech for the weekend with a handful of buddies. Many times the jaw jacking beats the fishing, but this year is looking good for both.

Good luck everyone.

ThunderLund78

Heading to the family cabin on Fish Trap Lake near Cushing/Motley on Thursday night. Will target panfish shallow on Friday and Walleye and Pike on Saturday before heading home Sunday mid-day.

Best of luck and stay safe out there!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Sticking around the metro and looking for some forest lake walleyes. Maybe switch to bass if it gets slow.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Will be on Mille Lacs per tradition. Checking a few spots around the Big Point area for starters. If nothing is happening, run up to the north end sand and join in the congo line there. wave

Good luck out there!

-J.

Jensen

Willmar area traditional spot for us.

mnfisherman18

I am usually around Park Rapids, but we relocated to Battle Lake area so I am looking forward to getting to know a few new lakes.

orve4

Ill be in jail. That is to work. Leaving the following Wednesday to the Bemidji Area will fish URL one day and maybe winnie.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i like traditions. wish i had one for fishing opener…..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.