MK Ulterra e-clip

• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Does anyone have access to take a pic of an Ulterra for me. 80# 24v

I need a side pic of the shaft under the motor in the stowed position. It has a pie shaped pc of stainless on top of the shaft.

I found this e-clip laying next to the shaft in question when blowing the dust off before storing my boat.

Tried reinstalling but it was super loose so I need to get a replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    1. AF4BA077-93A2-4C5A-B38F-2CF7EF05B317-scaled.jpeg

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

I did not see a pie shape piece on mine but I did find this e-clip under one of the covers. Not sure what you meant by the clip is loose – mine will freely spin in the grove but is not loose in the sense that it will pop out. If this does not help, here is a link to some parts diagrams that may point you in the right direction.

https://northlandmarine.com/pages/minn-kota-ulterra-parts-diagrams-bow-mount

Attachments:
    1. ulterra.jpg

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks but this clip is visible under the motor in the stowed position without the side covers removed.
    I hope you didn’t have to remove yours for the pic.

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

I may have misunderstood which motor you were referencing. I was looking under the prop motor. I did find this on the top side of the trim motor housing (when stowed) that would be on the bottom when deployed. Is this what you are looking for? If so, per the parts diagram it is listed as an “E-RING 3/8 DIA. SHAFT”. Not sure what year your motor is but in the 2020 diagram (at the link provided above) it is item 340 on page 78.

Attachments:
    1. ulterra-2.jpg

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Is that shaft nearest the bow on the Ulterra? Prop motor cradle area?

The reason for the “side pic” comment is if you take a top view pic of the cradle area and the shaft the eclip came off of it will be blocked by the TM shaft.

Thanks!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I think your last pic was the part indicated by the red arrow in the pic.
    I think the part I’m referencing is at the yellow arrow. ??

Attachments:
    1. 59DA8D2D-8827-4E6D-B8A9-E5F332193146.jpeg

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

When I look from the side (end?) of the unit under the TM shaft, there is a metal shaft that goes from side to side in that area but I do not see any clips (reference Ulterra 3 photo below). The first picture I posted was on the end of that cross shaft under one of the side covers. The second photo I posted was taken of the top of the trim/steering motor housing looking down from the top of the boat (only place I saw an e-clip, shaft and pie shaped piece). The Ulterra 4 photo below is a zoomed out view of that area.

Attachments:
    1. ulterra-3.jpg

2. ulterra-4.jpg

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks for all the pics and your time!

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

From what I can tell, Ulterra 2 and 4 correspond to the red arrow and Ulterra 1 and 3 correspond to the yellow arrow.

Edit – it looks like the shaft in Ulterra 3 is item 374. Item 372 is under the cover on the opposite side of the shaft from Ulterra 1. The clip in Ulterra 1 looks like it could be item 690.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.