Boat hits Gavins Point Dam

• jd318
    NE Nebraska

Has anybody heard anything on the “un-manned” boat hitting Gavin’s Point Dam Saturday afternoon? The first I had heard about it was a quick story on the local news Sunday night. However, I can’t seem to find a story about it. I’ll keep looking and post a link.

JD

Here is part of the story.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I haven’t heard a thing JD. Let us know what you find out.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Another short story.

From what I gathered from the story on the news last night, the boat was going in circles and looked to be un-manned. Looked like they had coast guard out to get people out of the way as there were numerous boats on the lake Saturday (I drove across the dam around 4:30 and there were lots of boaters.) Eventually the boat hit the rocks on the face of the dam and looked like it landed on the rocks/ground completely out of the water. There was nobody in the boat at that time. As of last night, they had not been able to find the operator of the boat. They think he was alone.

JD

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

They have found and identified the body of Brian Nielson of Yankton. I have fished with Brian a few times up at Lewis and Clark. Some of you may know of him from The Next Bite website, he was a regular there. Very sad news to say the least. story

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Very sad indeed Jason. It just goes to show you it can happen to anyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Nielson family.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Such a tragedy. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

My thoughts are with the family as well.

Layne Monroe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.