Western hunting

• Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

32 days until the truck starts rolling west. I can hardly contain myself. I have packed and unpacked my bag so many times I’m about to wear out the zippers. The bow is dialed in and is getting used every single day. I have went as far as shooting from my garage out to my target in my shed (up to 38 yards ) I am close to being in the shape I was in high school. I get funny looks every day while driving down the interstate…. not sure if it’s just me or the bugle tube jammed in my blower…

Who else is heading out this year? Where and when are you going?

Gaps68

Sounds like you’re way more ready than me. We are going to colorodo for archery elk. We leave in less than a month… We hunt a national forest over the counter area. I can’t wait!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

We head for Routt Nationl Forrest in Colorado Sept. 4. For those of you who want to hunt Wyoming, you can still purchase a preference point on line….

Gaps68

Quote:

We head for Routt Nationl Forrest in Colorado Sept. 4. For those of you who want to hunt Wyoming, you can still purchase a preference point on line….

We go to a small town named Yampa, and hunt the Routt. Where do you hunt?

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

North east of Steamboat Lake State Park in unit 161 right on the Colorado/ Wyoming border. I have been corresponding with a guy from your neck of the woods. He is originally from Boyceville. Arnie Schlottman… He runs Red Feather Guide service out of Walden. Good luck to ya Zits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.