Caribou Hunts

• dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Anyone going Caribou hunting this year? It will be 2 years ago August when I went to Quebec, still having withdrawls. Thought I would share some pics to help relieve the “need”.

First one is the plane used from Montreal to our camp. Next one is a view of camp from the air. Cabins we stayed in, transportation for the week, a scenery shot, a couple shots of the intended quarry, Caribou #1, Caribou #2 the next day. Last pic is what you get to do once you are tagged out.

So who’s going this year????

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Not me, but this is a life lister that I need to get started saving for. Thanks for sharing the great pics!!

lick

Thanks for the pics That is my dream hunt

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

You guys need to find a way to do it, SOON! The hunts keep getting more and more expensive, the same type of hunt I went on 2 years ago is already almost a grand more than when I went. Truly a hunt of a lifetime!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am still regretting not going with you guys Dennis… Someday for sure Keep me in mind please

TeamBurbot

I am with everyone else a hunt like that is the ultimite dream hunt. to get a trophy or not it would be an amazing experence thanks for sharing.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s on the list! Loved the photos and those 2 bulls are awesome bow kills! Please share with us more about the outfitter you chose, what you look for in an outfitter and your personal experience.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Brad, the outfitter I went with is no longer in business (Tuttilik Outfitters). Actually, we got really lucky. Our group was the 2nd to last group the outfitter took out. They just closed up shop and quit taking hunters out. Lot’s of people had their hunt’s paid in full and others had deposits on future hunt’s only to have their money “STOLEN” from them. Native run outfit in a foreign land…. The boys got screwed!

Anyway, I researched the hunt for a couple years and had it narrowed down to a few outfitters. Just so happened that Keith and Brooks from Double Bull filmed a show with one of the outfitters I was interested in and after talking to them, I decided to book with the outfit we went with. Luckily, we were able to make some things happen and scatch one of my dream hunts off the list.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks Dennis for the intel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.