8 Days till Moose Talk…

• webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

My list is pretty much checked off. Scouting complete, orientation complete, liscence validated, campsite located, supplies ready, and good fall weather on the way…

Its almost go time…

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

good luck

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Are you hunting the BWCA? I did that a few years back. What a blast. Good luck!!

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

Good Luck and have a great time!

Some of the best meat I have ever had was moose steaks and chops at a hunting camp, a very good friend of mine from Grand Rapids MI. hunted moose every fall in Canada and he was our camp cook in Buffalo County for a week during the rut, moose meat is all we ate and it was awesome.

Have a great time!

Jeff

beetle

What Zone are you hunting ? Are you going to Bowhunt ? I finally drew a couple of years ago, after 20+ years of applying. Wish I could go again, but I’ll just have to re-live it through other lucky hunters. I may be able to give you afew tips & Do’s and Dont’s. Things that I figured out the hard way.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

We are hunting Zone 24, just north of Isabella. My wife and I are both bowhunting. I am always looking for any tips I can get. It is definitely an experience I knew nothing about until a few months ago. But from what I have learned lately, I am so glad that we decided to apply. Any tips are always appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The other year I was heading into Isabella aobut midnight and I saw 5 different Moose cross the road or in the ditch from 2-10 miles South of Isabella Good luck Web!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Good luck and we can’t wait to hear your moose hunting report!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

have fun and good luck, can’t wait to hear the stories and see the pics!

beetle

I can’t help you much in Zone 24, never hunted there. Much of the advise you get is for Rifle hunting. I found that Bowhunting for Moose, is much different than Rifle hunting for Moose. I had several tree stands set up in good looking areas for different wind directions. I would call from these stands mornings & evenings and scout new areas during mid-days. Don’t call from open areas, but get in close to the heavy timbered areas. A Bull comming to a call will try to circle down wind & if your in the timber, they will tend to come closer when circling if they are in good cover. I also found that just like a buck comming to a grunt call or rattling, they know exactly where the call is comming from & will come right to your tree from great distances. I’ve never figured out how they do that but it amazes me every time. Most of all be patient. Some will come running right in, but most will take there time & be very cautious when approching. Hope these little tips help, You will have a blast chasing these big critters. I know I sure did.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WEB, I hope this guy steps out this close for ya!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That picture is really getting around fast! Now, is it a legit photo?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I think Big G made him a bit TALL

lick

Quote:

Quote:

I think Big G made him a bit TALL

yep thats got G wrote all over it

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nope, not my work… Actually, they are that tall, taller than a Horse I almost hit one , once up northeast of International Falls on a snowmobile… That wouldn’t have been pretty….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.