Alaska Moose

• DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Here are a couple of pictures of my cousins moose he shot this past weekend in Alaska with his long bow. Spread was 62 inches…took him 3 days to get him packed out.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Here are a couple more pictures of Jeff’s moose. What makes this more impressive is that he makes his own archery equipment from hand! Congrats Jeff on an awesome animal! Dan and I will definately have to put that on our “To DO” list for sure!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome pics guys and thanks for sharing your cousins adventure.

Tell him congrats from me!

Long bow and 3 days to pack out. That is a trip of a lifetime and a 62″ Bull Moose to top it off!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

One more picture…man you just gotta love that view!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Them are great pictures and a hog of a Moose ! Thanks for posting this

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Awesome pics guys and thanks for sharing your cousins adventure.

Tell him congrats form me!

Long bow and 3 days to pack out. That is a trip of a lifetime and a 62″ Bull Moose to top it off!

He is quite the outdoors man. He has taken almost every large game animal in North America with his long bow. He’s been on many adventures believe me. I can not wait to get up there and do a moose or caribou hunt with him. Hopefully in a couple years we can make that trip.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Now that is truly “Livin’ the Dream!” What an awesome animal and the pictures tell it all! Please have your cousin tell us about this hunt. I would love to hear how one goes about planning a moose hunt as well. Or…. Mike – feel free to interview your cousin and write up a report.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I would love to interview him…will IDO pay for me to fly into Alaska for the interview?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I would love to interview him…will IDO pay for me to fly into Alaska for the interview?

Can I be the camera man

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Can I be the camera man

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Can I be the camera man

The answer is yes for both questions! As long as your cousin sets me up on a free moose hunt!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can I be the camera man

The answer is yes for both questions! As long as your cousin sets me up on a free moose hunt!

Not before I get mine!

lick

Quote:

count me in on the moose hunt too

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

we would need 2 planes if we took you, one just for food

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

we would need 2 planes if we took you, one just for food

on the bright side no pm’s if im with you

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Now that is truly “Livin’ the Dream!” What an awesome animal and the pictures tell it all! Please have your cousin tell us about this hunt. I would love to hear how one goes about planning a moose hunt as well. Or…. Mike – feel free to interview your cousin and write up a report.

Here is a quick story on Jeff’s hunt:

“Hey Cuz,

Yea he is a good bull, with a ton of character, 62″ I missed a huge Grizzley at 30 yrds eating berry’s, It’s the first time I was close enough to see bear balls, I can cross that off my bucket list!! tha bear I missed was awesome, I’m headed back with Mike Ische in a week and try to get him a moose, me a sheep and or a Grizzley!! I’m not out of wood arrows yet!!”

“Dan,

It took 4 day’s to pack him out, It was a stupid pack 3.1 miles one way, It took two of us two trips per day at over a 100lbs per load, 12 miles total per day 6 of them with 100+ pounds on my fragile ol back, legs, I don’t recommend this to anyone unless you are thoughtless and unafraid, BRAIN DEAD

Dan I flew my plane up to the Brooks Range, Primarily to hunt Sheep and Grizzly’s, Saw this real nice moose about 5 miles away and my hunting buddy Brent and myself asked each other if we are really that stupid to go after something that big at that distance you could put your thumb over, Brent told me by the end of the day we will have a great memory or story ,We got the wind right, Brent did some calling and raking, I did some stalking, juking and diving, Patience was my friend, shot him about 20yrds quartering away, right in the ol heart, he went 50yrds, and I saw him pile up the cow stayed with him the whole time, In the moose world size matters!!

Dan here are a couple of pic’s of sheep and bears

Jeff”

He’s going back out next week to see if he can fill his buddy’s (from Eau Claire) moose tag and to see if he can get back on a sheep and possibly another opportunity at a grizzly bear.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Some more photo’s from camp and the mountains!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great recap Drenlan 30! It’s not all fun is it? That’s a lot of work packing that big moose that far! Tell your “cuz” that IDO wishes him the best and we want to see a picture of that grizzly as soon as he puts the

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Tell your “cuz” that IDO wishes him the best and we want to see a picture of that grizzly as soon as he puts the

You got it Brad! Discussion are already underway for a caribou hunt in a few years! I may have to find another house to hopefully put all the bone I’ll be collecting in the next few years!!

coppertop
    Central MN

That is traditional archery at its best! Congrats to your cousin. One heck of an accomplishment!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.