Kiss her goodbye!

• webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Well, here I sit, having a fit. For the first time ever I had to kiss my wife goodbye and I’M not the one leaving for the big ELK trip. Melissa’s only comment was “now you know how I feel!”

The wife is off to Colorado bowhunting for 8 days with her dad and uncle, then home for a couple weeks and then we hit the trails looking for a big bull Moose.

As jealous as I am I must admit my Elk hunt is coming in October so I will just appreciate the fact that my wife loves the sport as much as I do and said “enough is enough, I am booking my own hunt!” Man I love her.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s a great post! I’m really glad to hear that your wife enjoys hunting as much as you do! You are a very fortunate man. I hope she scores a big one!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I hope she gets one Web!

Just make sure the house is clean when she gets home!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I kissed my wife goodbye 2 days ago….. only problem….. she went to New York with her sisters for 12 days while I am gone…. This Elk trip of mine, is really gonna be adding up….

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey Web, if she scores a big one, make sure she signs on the website to tell us all about it!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

You are one lucky dude! My ladyfriend went shed hunting a few times with me and hates it. But then again, she has never killed anything with me…

smfrost
    Minneapolis

Quote:

The wife is off to Colorado bowhunting for 8 days with her dad and uncle, then home for a couple weeks and then we hit the trails looking for a big bull Moose.

….. the fact that my wife loves the sport as much as I do and said “enough is enough, I am booking my own hunt!”

LOVE IT!!!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Somebody from Harmony emailed this post to her today. She promised to join up and show off her pictures when she gets one. The pressure is on her now!

I really hope she does…That way I wont feel so bad when I stick the Moose instead of her.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Somebody from Harmony emailed this post to her today. She promised to join up and show off her pictures when she gets one. The pressure is on her now!

That’s great…the more the better!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Melissa had a chance to call last night and said the hunting has been tough. They are at 10,000 ft and the weather has been in the mid 70’s. Elk have been hanging out in the “dark” timber and not coming out during the day even to water. They are showing up on trail cams at midnight and no rut activity or bugling at all….

UPDATE: She just called right now. She had a nice 5×5 tonight at 10 yds broadside, full draw, “and the bull spooked from an arrow sailing over its back” she said. I said “you missed?” She says “No, my partner in crime(dad) flung from 30yds right over his back.”

Apparently they had a miscommunication about where she was going to post as he was calling in this bull. When the bull didnt move towards her post he decided to take the shot. Needless to say she had a perfect shot, was taking her time and it ended that fast.

She then proceeds to cry, walk back to her backback and there is a sow and 2 cubs 20yds away! The cubs spooked and ran up a tree right next to her so they hurried to get there stuff and get the heck out of there.

To top off the whole day, her and dad where walking back to camp in the dark. Dad had a headlamp and she didnt bring hers with. She’s walking down the trail and a 30 lb critter woddles across the trail in front of her. She doesnt know what it is so she has her dad come over and check it out. Porcupine! They followed it long enough to snap a few pics.

I moved up to Bemidji 2 months ago and those are the two animals she wanted me to show her and I have been unsuccessful on both. Today she got a taste of it all I guess.

Also had a close encounter with a spike in the same meadow today. I am thinking it may be the place to be tomorrow. Today was the first day they heard any bugling and they heard it all over the mountain. Too bad tomorrow is the last day of the hunt.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear the bad luck. Hopefully Melissa and her dad can get it done on their last day!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WOW what a day, thanks for the update on the wife!

Hopefully she can still get it done!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Sorry to say, both her and dad came home empty handed. The last two days of the hunt were very eventful as they had another close encounter with a small 4×4 that they put little effort into pursuing because of its size. It was the classic story of they showed up just a little too early but had a great time all in all.

Next Hunt: Oct. 1 Moose w/bow, Oct. 9th Montana Elk.

Good Luck All!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry to hear that they didn’t get a nice bull but from the sounds of it, at least they were able to build some memories together and that’s what it’s all about.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Don’t feel too sorry for her webstj… she was in beautiful country and spending time with her dad. She made memories for her and her dad An Elk would have been the icing… no doubt

IOWAICE2
    Iowa

Quote:

I really hope she does…That way I wont feel so bad when I stick the Moose instead of her.

What’s that honey?!

lick

Quote:

Quote:

What’s that honey?!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What’s that honey?!

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What’s that honey?!

Love it, carefull what you say.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice one Melis

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.