ONLY 4 weeks away!

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Hell of a deal, Wade! Looks like I am going to have to saved my paychecks and send you all of my extra money like I did last year!

Sounds good Dave! Your money is good here!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I can hardly stand it…4 weeks away and Drelan and I will be in the mountains of Colorado! I think we’ve done our homework as much as we can….now the only thing left is to hear my first ever bugle!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Just rub it in Mike Good luck to you guys and can’t wait for the story

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It should be a great trip…Dan is driving all the way out there so I should be able to get some good rest!

lick

good luck boys cant wait to hear stories and see pics

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

It should be a great trip…Dan is driving all the way out there so I should be able to get some good rest!

I have no problem doing that as we both will be wired and ready to go. The deal is you get to drive all the way back home after spending 7 days in the mountains!!!! While I sleep!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

I think we’ve done our homework as much as we can….now the only thing left is to hear my first ever bugle!

My wife and my girls (and dog) won’t let me practice my elk calls in the house anymore. So I listen to the CD’s and practice my calling in the truck or car on my way to and from work. I am ready to roll! It would be awesome if we could score on an elk or two, and possibly a big old mulie!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Best of luck out there. Someday…

corey_waller
    hastings mn

UNDER 4 WEEKS FOR ME!!!!
    leaving on the 17th .
    let me tell ya, when you hear that bull scream the first time you will never forget it and then you will be hooked FOREVER!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I head out Sept 3rd-13th I can’t wait either !!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

UNDER 4 WEEKS FOR ME!!!!
    leaving on the 17th .

Hey Corey… …wouldn’t that be 4 weeks?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I have no problem doing that as we both will be wired and ready to go. The deal is you get to drive all the way back home after spending 7 days in the mountains!!!! While I sleep!

Wait a minute…let me re-think that!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

i was wishing today was tomorrow

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

i was wishing today was tomorrow

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very excited for you guys! I wish I was going too…

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Both you and Rob can go…we could use camera guys! Gutone can also go…we need someone to clean up camp! Sorry gut!

lick

Quote:

Both you and Rob can go…we could use camera guys! Gutone can also go…we need someone to clean up camp! Sorry gut!

and look for your lost arrows

i have called in a few elk in my day

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

and look for your lost arrows

i have called in a few elk in my day

Just playin with ya gut….although I haven’t seen any pictures of elk in your trophy room!

lick

only have 1 under my belt bow killed a cow a few years back had some close encounters thou just couldnt seal the deal

ps the mrs also got a cow that year with her bow damn that meat is tasty

mess with me too much you might open your duffle in colorado and i might jump out

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey i can’t mess with that…you’ve already got an elk. We’ll see how much bragging I’ll do after a few weeks! And you got that right, that meat is very tasty!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

good luck everyone heading out there, that is a dream hunt for me someday for sure! One question do you guys do this on your own or go out with an outfitter?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

We are going through an outfitter called Circle K, but with no guides. Once we get to know the lay of the land our plan is to return and do it ourselves!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Got some buds that just left for a CO elk hunt Man I wish I was going this year !!!! Get fired up you 2, it won’t be long and you will be on your way …. Are you sleeping or what lets hear some elk talk

big_g
    Isle, MN

One week from today..it’s go time baby I will be rolling into the mountains, we leave my place next Thursday at 12:00….. should get to the ranch at 3:00 next friday I am working on my “list” as I type this…. lot’s to get yet

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Good luck early bud ,,, I’m otta here for the next 10 days and won’t have Internet !!! one, Can’t wait for the story !!!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Got some buds that just left for a CO elk hunt Man I wish I was going this year !!!! Get fired up you 2, it won’t be long and you will be on your way …. Are you sleeping or what lets hear some elk talk

More like day-dreaming GMAN! This trip has been planned since January 2008. Can not believe that in 3 weeks from today we will be at the ranch. For the both of us, chasing elk with archery equipment is a dream hunt.
    And if it were not for my wife, I probably would still be dreaming about a hunt like this. For years I’ve been saying we should get out west and do a little elk hunting. She finally told me that it would not get done unless we started planning for it. So that is what we did. Researched dozens of outfitters and decided on Circle K Ranch near Delores Co. We will be hunting the southwestern part of the state in San Juan National Forest where I have been told that most of the larger bulls are taken. Plan is to learn as much as possible this time around and do a self-service hunt in the future. I have a friend who has been hunting out west for the past 20 years and has shared his knowledge with us, along with learning quite a bit from people like yourself and WTA, so it’s not like we are going out blind. Can not wait to hear that first bull scream at us! I’ll probably crap my pants if he’s up close and personal when he does it. Got the calls down pretty good, so I am confident I will be able to call to them and get them to respond. By no means am I an expert, but a whole lot better than I was 6 months ago. Last year at this time my daughter was laughing at me because I sounded so bad.

Mike and I have been hunting together for over 30 years now and have had some awesome hunts. I can only imagine that this experience will be one we will remember for a long long time. Hopefully we can come back and post a few good hunting stories.

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

One week from today..it’s go time baby I will be rolling into the mountains, we leave my place next Thursday at 12:00….. should get to the ranch at 3:00 next friday I am working on my “list” as I type this…. lot’s to get yet

Big G, I hear ya, been working on my “list” for the past 6 months or so. Where are you hunting again?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Near a place called Sapphire Village, I have never been there, but from what I can tell, pretty much central MT

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I can’t wait to hear about your encounters guys! I’m living my elk bow hunt dream through you!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.