Only 8 more weeks…

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

got my snosuit for $478 through thorne bros. free shipping and extremely fast too. its worth the money, i think it is far superior to the ice armor. thats just my opinion.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

I appreciate all the replies. Thanks

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I drove my 4wheeler out from Red Door at -10 degrees last year and we drove out for 7 miles. I was toasty when we got there and I didn’t have a helmet either. I really liked my Arctic Armor, but if Sno Suit was made and I had the extra money, maybe I would have went with them.
    I will tell you that any product that James, Scott S., Tuck, Lip, Dean, and others (maybe even BrianK ), suggest then you can’t go wrong either.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

480.00 is a lot better!!! Thanks James..

Yes it is! And everything I have heard about it is great! Just not sure I’d get the use out of it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

If you’re in the market for cold weather clothing… do NOT buy until you’ve tried on the Snosuit. Then try on the other products out there. You’ll know in a short amount of time which product is the right product for you.
    If you want to see this product in action or even try it on look me up at the LOTW Get-Together. I wear an XL and I’ll be happy to loan it out for short test drives.

Is there a retailer besides Thorne’s that has Snosuit to try on? Does Cabelas, Gander, Fleet, Sportman’s or Scheels have them?

I honestly don’t know. But I can find out. I should be able to post back with this info some time early tomorrow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I know there are several staff with Snosuits. If there is anyone on the north side of the twin cities that wants to try one on let me know.
    On the other hand Thorne Brothers is up here also and there you can try on different sizes to see what fits best and also try on some of there other cold weather gear to compare. I believe they carry Arctic Armor and Vexlar.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

And Drelan and I will be heading for Colorado! Time for some serious dialing in with the archery equipment. For you guys that have chased elk with a stick and string, is it fair to say your average shot is between 30 – 50 yards? According to Lip I need about a 5 yard shot!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

another question I have is will I have to go to a heavier grain broadhead. I shoot 75 grain 3 blade Muzzy for whitetail, 300 grain carbon express arrow and my bow is set for 71 pounds. I have been thinking about using the G5 montec broadhead with the cut on impact 100 grain, but not sure if I really need to change my set up. Any advise would be appreciated.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

I did put a 50 yard pin on mine when I went out but most of our shot’s came at about 10 to 15 yards ! Most of the bulls came running right in ! But yes you will have that 30 to 50 yard shot at times !!! Good luck Mike !

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I would go with a heavier head for sure.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

another question I have is will I have to go to a heavier grain broadhead. I shoot 75 grain 3 blade Muzzy for whitetail, 300 grain carbon express arrow and my bow is set for 71 pounds. I have been thinking about using the G5 montec broadhead with the cut on impact 100 grain, but not sure if I really need to change my set up. Any advise would be appreciated.

Yes I would go with 100 grain , and Just a FYI some of the guy’s DID NOT have good luck with the G5! I had good luck with the Thunderheads and others used the Muzzys !

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I did put a 50 yard pin on mine when I went out but most of our shot’s came at about 10 to 15 yards !

Hey Lip, I think can handle that distance!

Thanks guys for your input!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Drelan, Yes I would imagine your total arrow is a little on the light side and I would bump up to 100 grain head. I guess I would look at a few heads and determine what fly’s best out of your set up.

Mike, even I can handle 15 yards. The funny thing is GMan said he had 15 yard shot and I don’t recall see any pictures of an elk. Ben did he get one?

You two Borthers have a great time, good luck and we are awaiting a good story and pics when you return!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Yes I would go with 100 grain , and Just a FYI some of the guy’s DID NOT have good luck with the G5! I had good luck with the Thunderheads and others used the Muzzys !

GMAN – what was the problem with the G5’s?

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

GMAN has a few elk under his belt.

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

very nice! hopefully we’ll have a couple of opportunities to get a shot off.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok I stand corrected. I just don’t think I have ever seen the pic.

Just one question… Who is that skinny guy?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

GMAN – what was the problem with the G5’s?

First I guess they didn’t get good penetration with them and when you hit bone they don’t hold up ” tip was smashed “!

I know I have a picture of a G5 after hitting an elk and falling out ” was junk”….. I will look !

I just called a bud that hunts elk every year and he love the Shuttle-t-lock 100 grain !

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

thanks GMAN for the information!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Gman, have you heard the same issues with Deer or just elk????

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I shot a doe with them and did let the air out of her but was not happy , blade had chunks out of it and tip was in bad shape , First and last time I will use them

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Enough for me!

Thanks

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Quote:

I shot a doe with them and did let the air out of her but was not happy , blade had chunks out of it and tip was in bad shape , First and last time I will use them

Was it the montec or stryker head?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.