HEADING FOR THE RUSSELL!!!!!!!

• sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

I recently purchased the Ice Armor Extreme (gray) suit and could not be happier with it. Wow.

Like James said previously some of the suits seem light and not nearly as warm. This suit fits the bill of VERY warm. Been riding the ATV in below zero w/ wind and the only thing that gets chilled is my face. It’s fantastic AND light weight. I love it. Spent $320 on it at Cabela’s right after Christmas. It’s a HUGE step up quality-wise from the blue suit. I also tried the floating suit and it didn’t seem nearly as high quality in construction, feel, and warmth. But that’s just me. Try ’em all on for yourself to see what fits your needs the best.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

After watching the video that definately persuaded me with all the options and pockets. Also the reinforced knees is a big issue for me with jumping holes all the time, i’m on my knees most of the day fishing.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I love this website and I have never had on a Sno Suit, so remember that. But I own a Suit called Arctic Armor and absolutely love it. I bought it for $299 for the bibs and coat(delivered to my door) but they are in red, now you can buy them for $320 for bibs and coat in Mossy Oak also. I got mine from Walleye Dan in Brainerd. The one nice thing about these is if you were to fall in the lake you will FLOAT!! Not trying to take anything away from Sno Suit, but I know mine was $180 cheaper, and I know you get what you pay for, but that is alot of money for most people. Just another option and I liked these 100 times better than the Ice Armor suits, so don’t get them confused.

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Quote:

I love this website and I have never had on a Sno Suit, so remember that. But I own a Suit called Arctic Armor and absolutely love it. I bought it for $299 for the bibs and coat(delivered to my door) but they are in red, now you can buy them for $320 for bibs and coat in Mossy Oak also. I got mine from Walleye Dan in Brainerd. The one nice thing about these is if you were to fall in the lake you will FLOAT!! Not trying to take anything away from Sno Suit, but I know mine was $180 cheaper, and I know you get what you pay for, but that is alot of mine for most people. Just another option and I liked these 100 times better than the Ice Armor suits, so don’t get them confused.

That’s the floater I was referring to as well. Seemed like a nice setup. I think comfort and warmth wise it seemed like a step up from the blue suit (Ice Armor) and not nearly as warm as the gray Extreme suit (Ice Armor). I haven’t tried the SnoSuit, but I’m sure it’s outstanding as well.

CaptainAnchor
    Floyd, IA

While we are on the topic. What do you guys recommend for boots to wear. I have a terrible time keeping my feet warm in cold weather. Fall fishing in the boat or on the ice both bother me. I can pheasant hunt all day and have toasty feet from the movement, but when I am relatively stationary for a long time fishing, my feet freeze. Thanks.

Troy Loeckle

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Jumped on Montana’s web site last night and found out I got my tag for the Charles M Russell in eastern Montana yesterday and Im pumped!!! Cant wait to get back out there and see those Monster Elk and Gi-Normus Mulies. This area of the CMR is without a doubt my favorite place on the planet to hunt Elk and Mulies. With little to no gun pressure and a couple million acres of untouched ground the place is a mecca. Im leaving sept 18 and coming home on sept 27. now Im really going to be pushing the work out plan, no more of the half azz lally gagging I have been doing the last 2 months.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Good luck, I’ve hunted the CMR and loved it too. Really cool area to hunt elk.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats Walller

Ginormous Muleys with a bow!

Now you have my attention.

Now get off your and start training ROCKY! I PITTY DA FOOL!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congratulations Corey! We look forward to hearing more about this hunt!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Yah Rip,
    one of my buddies that are going with this year said he was going to shoot the first oversized calf elk he saw so that he could concentrate on shooting a big Mulie. In 05 we saw a 5×5 that was honestly pushing 3 feet wide and the brow tines hade to be close to 6 inches long. it was by far the biggest mulie I have ever seen dead OR alive. The hard part about the area we are in is that the whitetails get huge too and they get mighty tempting when they come down to water at the same spot the same time every night a guy could put a covert blind up on the edge of the willows by the water and fill all of our deer tags with dandy whitetail bucks by the 3rd night almost guarenteed. unfortunatly the elk and mulies dont come down to the resivour till after dark, but then it would be to easy

big_g
    Isle, MN

I got drawn also either sex Elk with archery If it comes down to it… I will take the sex….

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Big G what area did you apply for? I drew 798-15 as my first choice
    I put 620-15 as my second choice and 410-15 as my third.
    798-15 was where we went in 2005.
    Lets compare some notes

big_g
    Isle, MN

Got the first choice… 420 15. 2nd choice was 447 20. We only put 2 choices. I can’t wait

lick

Quote:

I got drawn also either sex Elk with archery If it comes down to it… I will take the sex….

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Congrats Big G and make sure you wear protection out there…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.