Left over speed goat tags in WY

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Snosuit hasn’t finalized the details on the promotional price for IDO members but the plan is for them to offer the suit (top and bottom) for $480. When that promotion is released I’ll announce it in several locations here on the site. You won’t be able to miss it and it should be announced in the next couple days.

It is hard to compare the two products. Take the time and try them both on to get a feel for each product. I’m certain you will feel, as I did, that the other garments on the market feel like a light weight jacket suitable for cool spring evenings when compared to the Snosuit.

Now, if what you’re looking for is a decent suit that will keep you warm for short stints on the ice on days when the temps are “average” and the winds are light the Ice Armor will do the job for you.

If you want the warmest, most comfortable extreme weather clothing on the market the Snosuit is the ticket.

Scott and I regularly fish in this stuff in sub-zero temps spending all day on the ice. Our camera guy used to have insulated guidewear and he dropped for the snosuit after wearing it one time while filming. The difference in the warmth and comfort this suit provides is incredible.

It really comes down to what you want and need. If you want to be able to stay out on the ice when everyone else hides out in the shack and fish on days when everyone else just stays home, it will be worth the effort to check out this product.

I know Everts Resort carries this product as does Thorne Bros. if you want to try it on and kick the tires. The Snosuit isn’t cheap… but premium quality products never are.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Didn’t plan on going out this year but just picked one up and going out in OCT !!
    Man they are a blast to hunt

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

GMAN – you hunt them with a rifle or archery equipment? And do you hunt them out of a blind by water holes or spot and stalk? I’ve never hunted them but I think it would be fun!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

GMAN – you hunt them with a rifle or archery equipment? And do you hunt them out of a blind by water holes or spot and stalk? I’ve never hunted them but I think it would be fun!

We picked up gun tags so we will be doing the spot and stalk hunt but the Covert blind will be going with for some water hole sits if needed
    It’s a ton of fun and you need to try it. We sit on high points and glass for the one we want and go after them

big_g
    Isle, MN

What’s a tag run ??? This is for bucks ??? I have always wanted to try this

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Tags are $284.50 … These are buck tags, You can buy doe tags for like $26 at almost any sports shop in WY and get up to 3 of them . “I buy all 3” We hunt public/BLM land most of the time but do know a Ranch or 2 that will let us shoot doe for free .

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I might be on a trip Labor day weekend where I will be chasing Muleys and my buddy will have a Goat tag. Does anyone know if they (speed goats) are blind shy like a deer where you need to brush the blind in really well or are they like turkeys and don’t care? Our plan is spot and stalk but we are also going to take a blind with for water holes.

Thanks for any advice!

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

You don’t have to brush blinds in for goats. Best practice would be to get them up before the hunt so they get use to them. I shipped 2 out to a friend last week so they can put them up for me.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Ben.

What if you can’t set them up before hand?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Thanks Ben.

What if you can’t set them up before hand?

2 years ago I seen a guy walk down and pop one up the night before opener and his wife shot a great Goat from it.

I think you will be fine just putting one up but like Ben said no brush needed . Wish someone would put my blind up for me

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Like I said, it’s best practice but not absolutely necessary. Just like anything else, each goat will react different. Some will be oblivious to it others might hang up. If it’s the only water source I don’t think it’ll matter much.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Guys!

Yeah Gman, do you think Bens guy will swing over to Western ND & Wyoming for us and put up our blinds if we send it to him?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

He needs the blind up for weeks because he can’t shoot 30 yards

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Do they have a dock in the watering hole for Ben to put his blind on and that way he has 10 yard shot to the edge of the water in all diretions??? No wonder he needs to send his blind up there early.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I wouldn’t even care if it had a dock or not, I’ll sit in the water if it’ll prevent me from heat exhaustion……..
    90+ in a tent blind all day…. Hope I kill the first day.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I think the watering hole is what you call a WESTERN HOT TUB.

Good luck Ben and Jason!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I wouldn’t even care if it had a dock or not, I’ll sit in the water if it’ll prevent me from heat exhaustion……..
    90+ in a tent blind all day…. Hope I kill the first day.

Hey just maybe that guy will put AC in the blind for you Sally Other than that pick up a case of Busch Light ( hot today and don’t want you to over heat )Then I can help you drink it later tonight

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Will do. Just sold a bag of Fall Perfect. Now I can afford a case of beer.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Sweet, it’s a great product

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Ya, I like beer too….

Jason, I’m sure we all know that beer is a “sweet product”. That is a un written rule that you don’t have to post here.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

But mine is called Beer Perfect

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.