6 weeks, animals are ready, are you?

• les_welch

Shooting my bow every day. Fine tuning my gear. Weighing everything to the 1/2 oz, to decide if it makes the cut or not. Trying some new MH meals, to see if they will be making the pack or not. 9 weeks from now, I’ll have had my tent set up, and been hunting for a full day. Spending lots of time cross referencing an area with google earth, terra server, virtual earth, and wilderness maps. Rolling into this area cold, so I am trying to analyze the water, benches, north slopes, drainages, saddles, and trout lakes in this area. I will have an A, B, and C plan for this area, and one also for another area about 20 miles away, in case of fire or something similar in the first area.

Ran a PB 10K yesterday a.m, down in Trempealeau. It had a few more hills, down in those bluffs, than most of my runs, but still managed to knock off 10 seconds a mile, over my previous best 10K, and managed a first place for my age division.

You’re running out of time, if you haven’t started yet…..remember the animals never quit.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

yeah, I’m ready. Sat around, drank beer by the gallons, watched Cops for the last tree months,do i need to say more.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am doing a little… wife has me finishing the garage for her party this weekend… Let me tell you, its more work than I am accustomed too… putting on 80 sq of stones with mortar, is no easy task. I just finished it after all day saturday and sunday, then ran out of some colors/sizes I needed (thank god) so I had to finish up tonight. I have aches where I didn’t know they could exist Now I get to grout it all, then onto soffit and facia Also cut back on the food and beer a little

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

Quote:

yeah, I’m ready. Sat around, drank beer by the gallons, watched Cops for the last tree months,do i need to say more.

You looked pretty fit to me yesterday… Must be some watered down beer you’re drinking.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

9 weeks for me as well whitetail! Looking forward to hitting the timber again in Colorado. Hitting the healthclub now on a regular basis and trying to eat better. I do need to start shooting the bow more though!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

hitting the health club in the mornings, and just started incorporating climbing hills in the evenings. shouldn’t have any problems reaching out to 70 yards with the bow. need more practice on the elk calling now. just got my mule deer tag a couple of weeks ago…can’t wait til we hit the road!

les_welch

8 weeks from tomorrow, I’ll be on the road….

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I lied….9 weeks from TODAY we’ll be on the road!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Don’t know when I will be on the road, fricken brother in law treats me like a mushroom…. keeps me in the dark and feeds me $hit….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.