15 weeks left, get off your butt!

• les_welch

Monday paced out a 5K at 8 minute average. Attended a Pacesetters meeting, for the start of marathon training.

Core workout.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Getting back to it Monday after my MN turkey season! Coaching Little League, honey do lists and turkey hunting have taken up my time the last few weeks…but September is just around the corner! NO MORE EXCUSES…after this weekend!

les_welch

2 miles tuesday night.

Shot at the archery range last night.

Will do 5 miles tonight.

robhood23

I hear ya, need to get back into it! Sept is coming fast!

neusch303

What do you guys target as your goal. I hit the treadmill and do 16 minute miles on a 7.5% incline.

les_welch

Quote:

What do you guys target as your goal. I hit the treadmill and do 16 minute miles on a 7.5% incline.

Each day is different for me. Somedays your legs feel like kites, some days anchors, with most days being somewhere in between.

I run 4-6 days per week, and crosstrain every day I do not run, and some days that I do.

I work core at least 2, usually 3 days a week, and strength train 3-4 days a week.

For running I try not to increase my mileage more than 10% per week as a guideline, although the last two weeks, have each been a 20% increase. I am also increasing my mph each week also.

The more you do, the “easier” it gets, so make sure you keep changing it up. The body is an amazing piece of machinery, and doing the same thing each time allows your body to adapt, and not get the full benefit of the workout.

Keep at it.

neusch303

Man, I just hate working out. It’s 45 minutes I could be doing something so much more productive. I know the medical benefits of it. I know it keeps me ready for my hobbies. But man do I hate it.

les_welch

Quote:

Man, I just hate working out. It’s 45 minutes I could be doing something so much more productive.

Man I gotta disagree with that thought. I can’t see much of anything more productive, than adding on to the lifespan, feeling better, and being tuned up for season. I look forward to my workouts! Good Luck

neusch303

Quote:

Man I gotta disagree with that thought. I can’t see much of anything more productive, than adding on to the lifespan, feeling better, and being tuned up for season. I look forward to my workouts! Good Luck

I’m in cardiac medicine, so I certainly understand your thought process. After many years in this field researching and seeing patients. I’ve come to the conclusion that genetics is a stronger factor in life longevity than lifestyle. With that being said, EVERYONE should practice healthful behaviors (exercise, proper diet, no smoking, etc.).

However I still have to force myself onto that treadmill.

lick

my fav is to eat chips and read your guys posts

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Are you a long lost brother of mine gut ???

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Are you a long lost brother of mine gut ???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.