Cover scent?

• mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Heading to Colorado in September for an archery hunt…what would be a good cover scent to use while on the hoof after these big beasts? Would like to get a good 50 yard shot or closer if possible which means scent control and wind direction will be key. Your thoughts?

tmski

I use two scents in combination depending on the area I’m hunting. If I’m on south facing, sagebrush filled slopes, I use a cow urine wafer and a sagebrush wafer. If I’m in the dark timber, it’s cow urine and fresh earth. In both situations I always spray my clothes down with a scent eliminator each night and again in the morning before I head out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mike, my brother in law, who I am going Elk hunting with this fall, has come to the conclusion that this product is the best at getting close to Elk. It is what I am picking up for my hunt as well

e3 DDW

tmski

big G, that is the “scent eliminator” I was talking about in my previous post. I wasn’t sure if we could post links/names of products, so I didn’t. Dead Down Wind is worth every penny. Thanks for posting it.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks guys for your input…every little bit helps!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Shiner, we here at In-Depth Outdoors believe if you use a product that you don’t actually sell or own, we have no problem with people posting about it or even attaching links. We are here to teach and learn from each other and there is no better way then sharing products we use and our successful with in the field.

However, advertising of a product for personal gain is not allowed.

les_welch

Depends how you are hunting. I use nothing for cover scent, if I were, it would be just to take in a few pin on wafers, of earth or pine scent.

Keep the wind in your face, ALWAYS. I have fooled a deer’s nose, long enough to get the shot. It WON’T happen with elk, so if you keep the wind in your face, you will be good.

tmski

Quote:

hiner, we here at In-Depth Outdoors believe if you use a product that you don’t actually sell or own, we have no problem with people posting about it or even attaching links. We are here to teach and learn from each other and there is no better way then sharing products we use and our successful with in the field.

Thanks Lip Ripper, I’ll keep that in mind for future posts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.