18 weeks how are you preparing

• les_welch

This is a spin off a thread I have used on a different site for the last few years. Definitely motivational. If it catches on, I’ll keep it going. It is 18 weeks to elk season, what are you doing to prepare?

les_welch

Yesterday was a rest day for me. I started the day with 3 miles on the elliptical, and a weight work-out.

Doing a little research at work, I came across a new portable shower, it would fit in the bivy pack nicely. I got that ordered up. Sea to Summit, weighs in at 4.25 oz, perfect.

Did one hour of advanced conditioning and cross training. Finished up the night with 15 arrows.

big_g
    Isle, MN

25 Sit-ups this morning… watching what goes into the mouth everyday. Need to start running soon…

corey_waller
    hastings mn

doing 3 miles after work with my loaded pack on. prolly look like a homeless guy, someone offered me a ride the other day. had to tell them I was getting ready for elk hunting season, they drove away laughing

lick

no out west hunts planned so i just ate a whole pizza and a bowl of ice cream

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

les_welch

Quote:

doing 3 miles after work with my loaded pack on. prolly look like a homeless guy, someone offered me a ride the other day. had to tell them I was getting ready for elk hunting season, they drove away laughing

that’s good stuff!

les_welch

I worked the late shift at the “y” last night. I had the wife drop me off, so when I was done I ran home. Just over 3 miles. Nothing major, but only my second week back from a stress fracture of my left foot. Hopefully get my mileage back up to 30-35 in the next few weeks. Get back on track for marathon training, and hitting the mountains.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I’m getting my workout from lifting my diet dew bottle to my mouth. Might lift a few lite beers tonight… I stepped on the bathroom scale today. Won’t be doing that again for a while!

les_welch

Friday, was 30 minutes on the stair mill followed by a eight workout.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.