tease for the guys going elk hunting

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I have a question on the color camera. What do you use to point and keep the camera pointing where you want it? I like the color camera but like the ease of pointing the camera with the 560 camera. I have an Aquq-vu Scout and have a hard time getting the camera pointed in the right direction and keeping it there.

Ed

lick

came across these guys while out on a ride today

think the one on the right is gonna be big

didnt realize how early they start the antler growth

les_welch

Pat, whereabouts are those in Sparta? Next time I am at Mathews, I need to swing by and check them out.

lick

let me know when your up and ill take you out there
    i spend a little time out there the 1st 2 weeks of sept

les_welch

Quote:

let me know when your up and ill take you out there
    i spend a little time out there the 1st 2 weeks of sept

Will do, thanks!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It just amazes me how fast their antlers grow!

big_g
    Isle, MN

As much as I would like to shoot a bull… that takes some points and years to get that tag. I would be thrilled to shoot a cow

les_welch

Quote:

As much as I would like to shoot a bull… that takes some points and years to get that tag. I would be thrilled to shoot a cow

Plenty of options for OTC bull tags, with good opportunity to tag a bull, if you don’t mind working for it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am not sure quite how it works, but I should clarify, we are using Rifles. From what my brother in law says, he has 6 points and is still not guaranteed the coveted Bull Tag… Maybe it is the area they go… not sure, but a bull tag is something special…. as far as I know, there are no buying over the counter for us.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Last week, the first morning of the Turkey season I had some deer come out just down from us feeding and you could already see the stumps starting to protrude from a bucks head.

It will not be long now!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I am not sure quite how it works, but I should clarify, we are using Rifles. From what my brother in law says, he has 6 points and is still not guaranteed the coveted Bull Tag… Maybe it is the area they go… not sure, but a bull tag is something special…. as far as I know, there are no buying over the counter for us.

How do you know if you got a Bull or Cow tag? Will it say on the tag?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I got my notification today, I got a Deer (A) tag and a Elk tag. I believe we now have to do something else, not quite sure what, but the Combo license we got is good for a deer, elk, game birds and fishing. I think if you want a bull tag, you now have to try for that. I know the brother in law said, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to risk his 6 “points” to try for a bull tag or not this year, next year he will have more points. There comes a point where you are almost guaranteed. The way I understood him, if he put in with 6, and didn’t get drawn for the bull, he starts over with points basically where I am at right now.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I got my notification today, I got a Deer (A) tag and a Elk tag.

Our group got the same thing. If I recall correctly, we’ll have some private land for Deer & Elk.

tmski

Quote:

I may have missed this somewhere, but what state are you talking? We hunt in CO and have the ability to buy OTC bull tags every year due to the zone we are in. The thing I like about it is that there is a 4 pt. restriction in that zone which helps them get a little bigger. I have taken one bull (5×5) a couple years ago and since then, have been buying cow tags as I like the meat and feel just as priveledged to shoot a cow.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

We have a general license and need to look at the regulations to see what we can hunt, in what hunting district and what dates we can hunt them. For example…in HD 449 we can hunt either-sex elk from Oct 25-Nov 29… So what we can harvest depends on the specific hunting district regulations.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That makes sense then, we are going to Montana

tmski

Quote:

That makes sense then, we are going to Montana

Yup, that would make sense

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.