Western Hunting Plans

• les_welch

Well I got my money back from Wyoming, and only purchased a point in Arizona, so those two elk hunts are out for this year. Now waiting for NM, UT, CO, ID, and MT so I can finalize my elk plans.

Will purchase another point for WY Antelope and mule deer come September.

I will be elk hunting somewhere, just waiting to see where and how often at this point!

What are your plans?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I want your job!! Sounds like a full fall for you whitetail!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I will hopefully have time this week/weekend to bang a Turkey out on the edge of the Black Hills. Then I will be Bow and hopefully Gun hunting for Muleys and whitetails come this Fall in the same spot. I might also try early season Muleys and Whitetails in very Western ND in September.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Hey whitetail,
    You got your money back from the Wyoming draw already? This is my first year applying there(mule deer and antelope) and the website says drawing results won’t be available until June 24th for non-resident Mule deer and antelope. Are the elk results up? I got some friends in on that draw.

les_welch

Yes, I got my money back for Elk a few weeks back. Antelope and Muley are later though. This year for Muley and goat I just did point only. Too many irons in the fire to fit them in. I thought about a banzai goat trip over labor day, but figured I better not, as I am leaving the 11th for elk hunting!

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the info. Good luck on your draws.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

hoping to hear from MT soon then off to bowhunt in the Charles M Russell for some monster Elk and Mulies

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Waller, good luck on your MT draw. I’ve hunted the C.M. Russell. Loved it!!! Have you been there before?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.