Minnow bucket

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Looking for the best winter minnow bucket. I have tried a ton of them. Engel are great minnow bucket for a wheel house, but hole hopping the lid freezes shut on them. I have tried Different types of products on the seal and they seem to kill the minnows. The insulated buckets work better but I end up spilling most of the water out though the lid when traveling across the lake on the ATV. I don’t know if they make such a beast, but I would like one that the lid doesn’t freeze or spill when on the ATV. What’s everyone using?

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

For staying light weight and portable consider a cheap water jug. Around a gallon sized I think?

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

If you’re gonna splash water…plastic bag, Twist the open end so so…throw into minnow bucket…anytime you will have almost no water to freeze the lid.

catmando
    wis

I strapped a cheap turkey fryer to my quad and put my minnow bucket inside, works quite well. DK.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Styrofoam bucket in a 5gallon home depot bucket works well for me.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I use a 5 gallon bucket and an aftermarket “minnow bucket lid”, only put about 2 gallons of water in it and it doesn’t slop to bad. Also use an engle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.