Minnow bucket aerators?

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Hi all,
    I am trying to find a decent aerator that runs on batteries and/or a 120 volt transformer that is quiet. I just bought a Frabil Wisper Quiet 2 D cell battery unit last night. No way is that thing whisper quiet.
    Anyone have a brand or model suggestion?

Thanks Don

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Hush bubbles is a little better but not much. If you have 120 volts you would be better off getting a small fountain pump and making a spray bar with some cpvc and some tubing. There are also 12volt cpu computer water pumps that are very small that work very well on a vexilar type battery.

Ice Cap

I have a Engel that works on batteries or a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug in. It’s 2 speed and pretty quiet and the batteries last a long time. But I don’t run the aerator constantly either. I try to change water pretty frequently that seems to do more to keeping the minnows lively.

tangler
    Inactive

I have a Engel that works on batteries or a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug in. It’s 2 speed and pretty quiet and the batteries last a long time. But I don’t run the aerator constantly either. I try to change water pretty frequently that seems to do more to keeping the minnows lively.

I have the engel. It works great but I had it running in the garage the other day and the wife asked if her car was running. Quiet, it is not.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Clam Lithium Ion. It’s rechargeable. U can plug it in overnight to recharge batteries and run off 120. Unhook it and go fishing.

Walleyeguy34

Rapala makes one that floats in the water. Not sure how loud it is but I’d assume that it would be pretty quiet while closed inside an Engel cooler. I haven’t used one so can’t tell you if they are quality or not. I will be buying one for ice fishing season to test if it will keep holes open for my I fish pro.

reefhawgwi
    Hudson WI

I have the Clam Lithium Ion, I installed a usb plug I bought on Amazon so I can have it plugged in. Quietest one I have owned. Nice not to have to change batteries.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Anyone try using an aquarium pump to aerate your bait bucket at home? They are quiet and relatively inexpensive.

B-man

Anyone try using an aquarium pump to aerate your bait bucket at home? They are quiet and relatively inexpensive.

That’s what I use in the garage.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

I bought the rapala floating aerator last fall for keeping Muskie suckers alive . Runs off of c batteries and is activated by the water . Seemed to do a good job , and is fairly quiet.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

I second the clam. Never have to buy batteries and quiet.

Charles

Yup all the time lol

Vagabond
    Minneapolis, MN

Aquarium pump is the best way to go if you have 110v. They’re built to run 24/7 and there quiet. Back in the day I used to keep left over bait in an aquarium in the garage. Used freezer packs to keep the water cool.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Marine Metal Bubble Box is quieter than most. Runs on 1 or 2 D cells. Quieter than the Frabil Whisper Quiet.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The Engle isn’t quiet but you can get a cord to plug it in to 110v.
    I use the Clam rechargeable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.