Minnkota powerdrive55/us2-54" BT (with blue tooth) need some help please.

• Kevin Wilmes

Ok last fall I bought a new never used Minnkota powerdrive55/us2-54″ BT off of a guy. It came off of a new tracker. The model number is 1358748. I just bought a couple of accesories for it. The first is a MINN KOTA 1866155 COPILOT ACCESSORY FOR POWERDRIVE this is the small cordless remote on a lanyard that will turn the motor on / off turn right or left and increase / decrease the thrust. I got this for 140.00 new and it is returnable.

Then today on ebay I see a MINN KOTA 1866680 HEADING SENSOR BLUETOOTH I check the compatability and it is compatable with my powerdrive. So I bought it new never used for 30 bucks. I am hoping to enable spotlock with this and run the motor with the minnkota i phone app.

One question I cannot find an answer to, can I hook the MINN KOTA 1866680 HEADING SENSOR BLUETOOTH up to my powerdrive trolling motor (model number is 1358748, the serial no tag says the motor was made in 2018) and use the minnkota phone ap to run it?

Do I even need the copilot accessory 1866155?

Or do I need both?

blank

You do not need the heading sensor and it won’t do anything for you if you run with the co-pilot. The heading sensor is for the jog feature while using spot-lock on the ipilot (with bluetooth/BT). The co-pilot does not have the spot lock feature.

CBMN
    North Metro

From what I can see from the power drive model number that is a basic power drive with the built in transducer and no other smarts or gps built in. As blank stated you need an I pilot unit to get spot lock so the sensor won’t do anything for you it just gives the i pilot a second gps input to better determine boat position. The co pilot unit will just give you a remote to use with the basic functions instead of the foot pedal. Co pilot remote wont have any spot lock or more advanced features on it. I bought a previous generation basic powerdrive for my winter boat and also had the co pilot remote and wanted to get the spot lock and more advanced features because my other boat has a 24 volt terrova with i-Pilot link on it and I got accustomed to the features. I considered just getting the i pilot head for the powerdrive but just ended up getting a 55lb terrova BT i-Pilot link model instead because I found a deal on a demo unit and got nearly what I paid for my powerdrive and copilot back 12 months after buying it, so it was a nice upgrade for nearly the same price as just the i pilot head.

Kevin Wilmes

Ok, understood no spotlock capability (thanks for the clarification) and the heading sensor I will need to resell.

Thanks guys!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.