Minnkota foot pedal

• Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

I know it a long shot, but does anyone have a Minnkota foot pedal or co-pilot for 2007 and older powerdrive they would want to sell? (not the V2) I’m having a hard time finding one. I would pay for shipping. Thanks!

Bob Ford

That is the one. Mine will steer right just fine, but goes left very slow.

blank

Have you tried cleaning the contact?

Bob Ford

I took it apart last night and cleaned it out, still the same. Actually looked like new inside as the pedal is only 2 years old.

MNdrifter

Where do you live? I think I have a spare one. I’ll check when I get home in a little bit.

Bob Ford

I live in Grand Rapids, however I could send a shipping label from my work to get it here.

Brad Hak

Bob,

I had the same issue with my older 70 thrust powerdrive… I cleaned contacts and then got a new pedal with the same results… I ended up having to replace the computer chip in the head of the unit

Bob Ford

That is not what I wanted to hear Brad. I’m still hoping its the pedal, how much was the chip in the head unit?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The contact points on those power drive pedals are notorious for wearing out.

EW6

Not to be disheartening, but I have the same older power drive and mine degraded to never turning left and working only when it wanted to. Even a new foot pedal didn’t help. But if I unplug the foot pedal completely and just run it with my co-pilot remote it works flawlessly. I think once they start to go you are better off investing in a newer motor, not chasing fixing the old one… if you have the co-pilot try that trick.

MNdrifter

Sorry can’t find it in my garage. I know I have it there somewhere. If I come across it I will let you know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.