Minn kota Terrova shaft length for 1650 Rebel Xl

• Jared

Hey guys, so my rebel currently has a minn kota maxxum 80lb with a 52inch shaft and it works great 90% of the time but if I go too fast with it or it’s really choppy it will come slightly out of the water.

I’m upgrading to a riptide Terrova and I’m not sure if I should get the 54 or the 60 inch shaft. Will 60 be too much? I’m thinking the 54 will be perfect but I just wanted to make sure first.

Also, I assume the mounting holes are the same as I won’t have to drill new ones correct?

Gerty

I “believe” the mounting holes would be the same, but I do not know for sure. As far as your shaft length, I had a 55 lb Terrova with the 52″ shaft on my 16.6′ Alumacraft Dominator. When I went to the 80lb, the only option available with the iLink was the 60″ shaft. I was worried about it hanging to far over the side of the boat when it wasn’t deployed. However, I found out I really like the added length. The main reason was now when someone else is sitting in the boat with me I can still see the head of the trolling motor when deployed over top of the guy so I don’t have to constantly look around him to see which direction my trolling motor head is pointed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.