Milwaukee battery knock off’s?

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

I would think there is at least a couple guys out there who have tried these Milwaukee 18v knock off lithium batteries.

Care to share any experiences good or bad, ones to consider and ones to stay away from?

The prices of these seem quite tempting but didn’t want to just throw $ at some junk.

Thanks in advance

mojo

They work, but their life expectancy is shorter, and they are more sensitive to any kind of abuse or neglect. Don’t drop them, don’t drain them too far (many of them don’t have protection built in like Milwaukee batteries do) and keep them at moderate temperatures, and they will work fairly well.
    I have two that failed within 2 years of purchase (won’t take a charge, won’t take a “jump”) and others that operate at maybe 2/3 of what they did when new. I’ve had two Milwaukee batteries fail, one was 4 years old, and the other 1 1/2 years old that was replaced under warranty. None of the knockoffs last as long as their equivalent Milwaukee – especially in cold temps.
    As a backup or for general light tool use they offer some value. But for intense tool use or in cold temps (ice fishing for sure) I wouldn’t recommend them.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Don’t waste your time or money.

Shop the sales on Milwaukee batteries and slowly build up a stockpile.

I’ve got 8 I believe and didn’t pay full price for any of them. Some are probably 10 years old or so with regular use and plenty of abuse.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve got 4 of the knockoff M18 batteries. Here’s what I’ve found.

– The amperage is over stated. This seems to be true across many brands. 5 ahr batteries are really 3 ahr under any load.

– The life of the battery is very short if you discharge them all the way to the dead cutoff.

For the price, they are pretty good. I use them to save wear/tear on the much more expensive genuine batteries. Stuff like leaf blower work and running work lights that get left on, they are perfectly good for this stuff and the cost per cycle is way lower.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Junk, I had one start on fire, ordered it off EBay. Waste of money. Get the real thing.

AK Guy

Junk, I had one start on fire, ordered it off EBay. Waste of money. Get the real thing.

Same experience for my neighbor.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Well thanks guys.
    I knew I would get honest responses.

Looks like I’ll be searching for sales on the Milwaukee brand.
    I can’t complain,

I had 5, now down to 3, but the 2 that are toast each Gave me 5 years

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Bullcans, Check out rebuilding them. New cells may cost 1/2 the cost of new one.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Bullcans, Check out rebuilding them. New cells may cost 1/2 the cost of new one.

Hmm thanks BigCrappie
    I never knew that was an option

Pat K
    Empire, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

Hmm thanks BigCrappie
    I never knew that was an option

Batteries Plus has rebuilt DeWalt batteries for me.

Gregg Gunter

Batteries Plus will rebuild Milwaukee and I have no complaints.

mojo

I would think there is at least a couple guys out there who have tried these Milwaukee 18v knock off lithium batteries.

Care to share any experiences good or bad, ones to consider and ones to stay away from?

The prices of these seem quite tempting but didn’t want to just throw $ at some junk.

Thanks in advance

Amazon currently has some good deals on actual M18 batteries. Prices are fluctuating constantly, but the 6ah High Output was $84.99, the 8.0ah HO was $117, and the 12.0ah HO was $184. Far better than Home Depot or Fleet Farm prices. Though Home Depot does have a combo pack with a 6.0ah HO an 8.0ah HO and a free tool from their select list all for $279.

R Petersen

Rechargeable batteries for power tools are a waste of money IF IF not bought right from the TOOL COMPANY.
    I still have very old B & D tool packs 20 ? years old. That will recharge to 90 % every time. BUUTT They are true LIFEPO4 chemistry cells in the packs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.