Mille lacs walleye regs announced

• IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I’m OK with the Walleye portion of the “new” regs. But I’m really disappointed in not being able to keep a trophy Bass or Pike…

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

It’s going to be hard for me to keep up with the bass if I can only keep 3 a day doah

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

It’s going to be hard for me to keep up with the bass if I can only keep 3 a day

Don’t worry Tim, I will come up with the little tikes, we can troll 4 lines in the warwagon….. and keep 12 bass a day ) That is depending on how fast I can untangle their lines )

Pot Stirred

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well that’s your opinion on not seeing “the point of keeping a large trophy caliber fish anymore when the replica and photos works just fine, if not better”.

Personally I share the same opinion hence why I ended my comment with “if you were ever inclined to keep one for the wall?”

I know though that the opinion of other’s would be a replica never compares to an actual skin mount. Not for us to decide who prefers what, but the point is these regs have made the decision.

You’re right. I’m sure there are a few people that would rather have a skin mount instead of a replica. I’ve got a skin mount of a bass from about a decade ago and I can see its starting to show signs of deterioration. My Father has a replica from 8 years ago and it still looks brand new.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

However, I will be shocked if bass do not continue to take up a larger percentage of the carrying capacity and biomass as years go on. Fast forward a short decade and my hypothesis is that Mille Lacs walleye population is significantly lower than that of bass. That change will be permanent.

Very possible. If the climate continues to warm its only a matter of time. That will probably take longer than what you think, however. The most recent population studies indicated that the biomass of adult walleyes is estimated to be 750,000 adults while the biomass of bass is estimated to only be 66,000. Simple math says that bass are only 8% compared to the walleyes.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.