Mille Lacs is Dead

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bobberstop4054 wrote:</div>
    I think you will are out of touch of the neiborhoods who are the real locals. Why catch hundreds of walleyes in 32 feet of water when you know they are likely to die? and take a chance of the lake being totally shut down because one resort don’t give a rip !

You think Will Rosenberg is out of touch? I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion. It seems like he has a pretty good grasp of the situation.

…not to mention that when you catch a walleye in 32′ of water on Mille Lacs it IS NOT “likely to die…”. That assertion is laughable. Take care of the fish with the proper procedures and it will live to be caught another day…RR

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I think you will are out of touch of the neiborhoods who are the real locals. Why catch hundreds of walleyes in 32 feet of water when you know they are likely to die? and take a chance of the lake being totally shut down because one resort don’t give a rip !

Why worry about the chance the lake will be totally shut down? Based on what you you are saying here, nobody should be fishing the lake now because some walleyes might die? What’s the difference according to your logic? You’re basically saying the lake should be shut down now!
    Let me repeat from an earlier post “A very conservative safe allowable harvest has been set, albeit C&R. Last DNR report was that we were still a long way off from meeting or exceeding that limit.”
    Andy

Edit: New report out just this afternoon. Will post another thread.

roll

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I have actually been hearing that the current hooking mortality studies on Mille Lacs are showing fewer fish die than than than previously estimated.

I was up in Malmo over the weekend talking with the 100 friends and neighbors my dad had over for our annual pig roast at the family farm and non of them seem to share your concerns. I’m sure, like any other topic, there are always differences of opinions, but if you really do have friends who do feel that way they should definitely attend the Fisheries advisory committee meetings to make sure their opinions are heard. At all of the meetings so far there the locals in attendance have also been overwhelmingly critical of the current restrictions.

That said, both angler hours and temperatures went up in early July and it does look like there is a very high likelihood of a shutdown before the end of summer. Whether we agree on not, once the 28,600 quota is reached even catch and release fishing would be shut down.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bobberstop4054 wrote:</div>

That said, both angler hours and temperatures went up in early just and it does look like there is a very high likelihood of a shutdown before the end of summer. Whether we agree on not, once the 28,600 quota is reached even catch and release fishing would be shut down.

Yup, and as of today that’s looking even more likely!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.