Mille Lacs 2019 Opener Roll Call

• 311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Iwindsurf is usually a pretty good source as well.

Attachments:
    1. Iwindsurf.jpg

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

We will be up in Malmo heading out at midnight. We may have missed a year during our college years but if not I believe this will be 25 years of midnight fishing on Mille Lacs for our group of friends who grew up together on the lake wave

Will

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yeah, that wind forecast kind of stinks. I don’t mind a little walleye chop… but that could be a little rough out there if the forecast holds!!

lindyrig79

We will be up in Malmo heading out at midnight. We may have missed a year during our college years but if not I believe this will be 25 years of midnight fishing on Mille Lacs for our group of friends who grew up together on the lake wave

Will

Don’t forget your fish clicker, Will!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Will Roseberg wrote:</div>

Will

Don’t forget your fish clicker, Will!

I always keep an extra just in case waytogo

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Will, Would you start the midnight trolling in the same areas that You would when you could troll the Oct full moon?

Will

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Will, Would you start the midnight trolling in the same areas that You would when you could troll the Oct full moon?

Yes. The one difference being that there will be very few weeds up yet so you can target areas now that may be choked out in Fall.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Iwindsurf is usually a pretty good source as well.

WHOA – don’t forget your Dramamine.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I hope the wind forecast is wrong, or changes. Currently forecasted to blow all day. The forecast hasn’t changed from yesterday.

Saturday morning (3am) SW wind blowing a steady 16 gusting to 38mph.
    Switching to West by 7am, at 13 to 28mph.
    Ending the day (9pm) from the NW at 9 gusting to 25mph.

Sunday it lays down a little, NW 10 gusting to 20mph for most of the day, calming in the evening for a nice Monday.

I have a very different wind forcast for Isle from AccuWeather

“Winds from the S 9 mph
    Gusts: 15 mph”

fingers crossed…

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Coming up Friday morning. This is our first year on a resort so I have several things to do to get the RV ready for the summer. The plan is to have all that done on Friday. Hope to get on the lake Saturday morning after breakfast. Give the Garrison Bay a try along the shore shallow casting cranks or maybe a little deeper trolling lindys.

Greg Perz

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Kyhl wrote:</div>
    I hope the wind forecast is wrong, or changes. Currently forecasted to blow all day. The forecast hasn’t changed from yesterday.

Saturday morning (3am) SW wind blowing a steady 16 gusting to 38mph.
    Switching to West by 7am, at 13 to 28mph.
    Ending the day (9pm) from the NW at 9 gusting to 25mph.

Sunday it lays down a little, NW 10 gusting to 20mph for most of the day, calming in the evening for a nice Monday.

I have a very different wind forcast for Isle from AccuWeather

“Winds from the S 9 mph
    Gusts: 15 mph”

fingers crossed…

I hope you are correct…

gonefishin

Hi, water temps out from Liberty Beach 44 degrees. Bays up a couple of degrees. Unlike last year I could not find any walleyes or bass in the shallows. Natives appear to be pretty much done with netting. Last evening I watched a couple of nets being checked. No walleyes in the tubs that I saw. The couple of nets that were still out appeared to be pulled from DI and placed right at the buoys by Liberty Beach.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The plan is my usual midnight off of Eddy’s Jetty three nights straight if I am up to it and the fish cooperate.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Heads Up!!!

The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office is saying they will not be able to get all the buoys out before the opener so use caution and know not all the shallows will be properly marked.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Snowing, Ugggg shock

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Hi, water temps out from Liberty Beach 44 degrees. Bays up a couple of degrees. Unlike last year I could not find any walleyes or bass in the shallows. Natives appear to be pretty much done with netting. Last evening I watched a couple of nets being checked. No <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes in the tubs that I saw. The couple of nets that were still out appeared to be pulled from DI and placed right at the buoys by Liberty Beach.

Would you take that to mean they’ve already come shallow, done their deeds, and headed back out? Or they’re yet to come in?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like Ill be out on the big lake some time over the weekend. Not sure where or when yet.

Good luck to everyone.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Snowing, Ugggg shock

Not just snowing, but really really come down hard and fast for several hours. That can’t be good news for this weekends bite anywhere in the Mille Lacs area.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Missing my first opener on the pond in 27 years…. bawling If I was there, it would be slip bobbers on the rocks in about 14 fow, dangling a leech. frown

Smackem33

I’m just super happy I brought the boat up last weekend to fill up with snow, great!

Kyhl
    Savage

The wind forecast has come down some. Starting to look better for people on the south side. Still not so good on the north. South wind only gusting 20-25 on Saturday. That’s 10mph less than they were showing earlier this week.
    Gusting less than 15mph in the wee hours of the morning Saturday.

I might take Monday off to catch a little bit of the best day of the weekend.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Would you take that to mean they’ve already come shallow, done their deeds, and headed back out? Or they’re yet to come in?

They have been in. I am just south of Liberty Beach. Last week I watched 30+ get speared in 4-6 feet of water right in front of my house.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Saturday forecast still looking crappy…. chased

Saturday

Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 56. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Greg Perz

Doesn’t start raining until 3:00.

Attachments:
    1. 0FA97B17-94B1-4635-9988-3982B934D2D7.png

lindyrig79

Missing my first opener on the pond in 27 years…. bawling If I was there, it would be slip bobbers on the rocks in about 14 fow, dangling a leech. frown

That’s a long streak getting broken G! We’ll have to have an extra beer for ya!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just had a moment to think about it, the last time I fished an opener was 27 years ago.(Kids and work)
    Sitting at the Y in Garrison now, looking out over the pond and someone is pre-fishing out on the reef. shock

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

FYI –
    If your driver’s license ends in 2301 the jackpot of $703 peace

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I might head up and fish midnight opener just for old times sake. Then head home after and fish local all weekend

Fishwater83

If that wind keeps u how big will the waves be up on the north end Saturday?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Same boat! I’ve missed the last 43 openers but plan on getting on some fish Sunday through Monday while most of the weekend warriors pack up…..CAN’T WAIT!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.