Mille Lacs 2019 Opener Roll Call

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Who’s all going to be up for Opener? Where are you staying and what are your plans tactic wise?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m hoping to make a day trip up on Saturday to fish pike. If I were staying and walleye fishing I’d be trolling shallow or on the first break during low/no light periods.

Greg Perz

I’ll will he making day trips on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure on a game plan… yet. This will only be my second opener in ML so I need to do some more research.

GP

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I might go on Friday at midnight. I’ve done pretty well at night with a lighted bobber and a leech out there and opener weekend is the only time I can fish at night all season.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I will be there Sat-Mon staying at hunters point. Game plan pitching weed lines, gravel to sand transitions and rigging some break lines all tactics focused on finding spots away from crowds.

dbright
    Cambridge

Sounds like we are on the same program as bigwerm. Pike during the day and eyes after dark.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’ll be at the Wharf Friday to Monday. pull some cranks and cork some sand/rock breaks

Kyhl
    Savage

The boat isn’t ready yet so no plans. Ugh.

If I can get things in order in time, I’ll be pitching cranks hours before sunup over shallow rocks. Then return for breakfast before heading back mid-day to chase pike.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

I will be up there Monday. The last few years I have hit the sand early. It is not as good as 20 – 30 years ago but it seams to be improving. Every now and then you have to clear your line of zebra muscles. Anyone else have a similar observation?

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

I will be at The Red Door Friday through Monday.
    Trolling cranks in the evening.
    Experimenting with rigs, jigs, etc. during the day.

Can’t wait to get started!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll be there Friday through Tuesday. Hope to find fish close to the big point area. But will probably be up on the north end sand during the day.

-J.

gonefishin

Hey Jon, I’ll be up with the entire family. Drew will probably have his boat also. Probably see you around BP. Friday evening we probably start out on Doe, then BP, Hunters, and Picards. Who knows maybe even a fish fry!!!!!!!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Sounds good, Phil. Pretty good chance we will end up on shaws for the evening bobber bite.

-J.

deertracker

Sounds good, Phil. Pretty good chance we will end up on shaws for the evening bobber bite.

-J.

I miss sitting on Shaws on opener. Too bad life got so busy. Good luck guys.
    DT

Fishwater83

I’ll be pulling cranks shallow at night on the north end then lindy rigging up and down the break during the day.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

-J.

I miss sitting on Shaws on opener. Too bad life got so busy. Good luck guys.
    DT

Life gets busy, but then in the end it’s over. Make time, as they say you only live once.

Smackem33

I’ll be pitching 1/8 ounce jigs with spottails, last year anywhere 15ft deep you couldn’t keep em off the hook! Barnacles for me.

MNdrifter

Me and my boys are going out on a launch. Had a blast last year! Camping at Minnesota Wilderness in garrison Friday-Sunday.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Who’s all going to be up for Opener? Where are you staying and what are your plans tactic wise?

I’m in, but you knew that!! I’m thinking we will be finalizing tactics for the NE corner around the fire with a few cold beverages Friday night. Can’t wait!

lindyrig79

I’m in, but you knew that!! I’m thinking we will be finalizing tactics for the NE corner around the fire with a few cold beverages Friday night. Can’t wait!

Yep… looking forward to it buddy!

lindyrig79

Some good plans out there and glad to see an IDO showing on the Big Pond for Opener.

I’m thinking fairly shallow yet. Would like to pull some cranks and probably bobber up at some point. Maybe rig slightly deeper during the day, but will have to see how the shallows produce first.

Greg Perz

Plans changed and the wife booked a place for the weekend (way better than driving back home each night). Might have to try pulling cranks in the low/no light.

lindyrig79

Plans changed and the wife booked a place for the weekend (way better than driving back home each night). Might have to try pulling cranks in the low/no light.

Yep, that’s a much better plan. Have to thank the wife on that one!

Greg Perz

Yeah, it was awesome to find out that she just went and booked it.

Anyone have any tips for trolling cranks? It’s not something that I normally do.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Little shake down cruise today. Main lake water temp is 42 degrees.

-J.

lindyrig79

Little shake down cruise today. Main lake water temp is 42 degrees.

-J.

Good intel. I’m up on the lake also. Got my two little ones though, and some chores to do so no boat time yet.

Kyhl
    Savage

I hope the wind forecast is wrong, or changes. Currently forecasted to blow all day. The forecast hasn’t changed from yesterday.

Saturday morning (3am) SW wind blowing a steady 16 gusting to 38mph.
    Switching to West by 7am, at 13 to 28mph.
    Ending the day (9pm) from the NW at 9 gusting to 25mph.

Sunday it lays down a little, NW 10 gusting to 20mph for most of the day, calming in the evening for a nice Monday.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Could be rough on the NE sand Saturday! doah

Greg Perz

Kyhl, where are you getting that wind info?

GP

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.