Memorial Day Week and Weekend Report

• eye_doctor
    Lincoln, NE

Fished for walleye this past Sun – Tues. and Fri – Sun. at Milford. Had some really good luck over my six days of fishing out at Milford. We concentrated on large flats with deeper water adjacent to them, and we presented jigs and crawlers by drifting and anchoring. We ended up with around 20 keepers in 6 days, and I was very happy with the end result. LOTS of short eyes being caught, and I estimate I caught well over 300 walleye over the 6 days I fished there. Farnum Flats is hot right now, but the average size of fish is less than the legal limit. You got to find spots away from the crowds to consistently put the keepers in the boat, and do not be afraid of the muddy water around the Madison Creek area. School Creek was also good to me, and most of the fish were caught in water raning from 10 – 18 ft. However, I did nail a 22″ messing around throwing a jig up shallow against the bank around School Creek. Also, the water is way up, I’d say around 8 – 10 ft. over normal pool, so be careful, look for logs, and try to launch from the Farnum ramp.

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

Thanks for the report!

What was the water clarity down there? I’ve volunteered as a guide boat for the Governor Cup on June 9th. I’ll be taking two soldiers from Fort Riley out for the day. Hopefully, the fish are still biting well. My last trip soen there produced a nice wiper a bunch of walleye and a ton of small smallies.

Jason

scott s m
    south central MN

nice report

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.