Mid 90's V177 Eagle opinions

• nubbinbuck

Hello,

Planning on looking at a boat this weekend. Just looking at previous owner’s opinions on this model.

Thank you.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Nubbin,

I have had a 1997 tiller, same model. Owned it for 5 years. Love the boat. Get about 33mph in it with one person (75 merc 2 stroke, SS prop).

If you want a great boat that can handle both big and little water you won’t go wrong with it.

The only down side IMO is how its wired. They wired it so you are supposed to be able to charge trolling motor batteries off main motor with a plug jumper and you are also supposed to be able to charge batteries from 120V outlet through same plugs that connect trolling motor to batteries. In theory it seems great and kinda works but its more just a mess as fuses are built into plugs. If you want more details just search IDO for “warrior power system.”

By no means should this keep you from buying it, its just a heads up. I would buy my boat over and over again.

Any other q’s just feel free to PM me.

nubbinbuck

I ended up buying the boat last weekend. Anyone here knowledgeable on fiberglass? Got a question about a gel crack….

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I ended up buying the boat last weekend. Anyone here knowledgeable on fiberglass? Got a question about a gel crack….

I know people that do, fire away !

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

I have a ’94 190 Eagle. Ask away.

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

Power Charge does not have fuses in the plugs. I did not design or manufacture it that way. If it has fuses in the plug, then its been modified. If you need help with Power Charge, I can help you..

Troy
    [email protected]

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Good to know Troy. Glad I got in touch with someone from the OLD Warrior clan! I will be sending you an email at some point with some questions on my 1994 V190 Eagle.

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

Sounds good Tim. I’ll keep an eye out for it. I don’t monitor the boards as much anymore. Let me know what you need and I’ll help as much as I can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.