Report for Rowley’s Bay

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Arrived last Sunday afternoon (7/27) and fished through Wednesday morning, though fishing time was cut short twice on Tuesday due to approaching storms. The majority of the folks we talked to reported the fishing as spotty to poor. That said, I guess I’d consider ourselves to have done pretty well. We boated 43 fish during our stay. However, we struggled mightily in the quality department. Started out great on Sunday night with a two year old 20 minutes into the trip, followed by a double shortly thereafter with another two year old and a four year old making it to the boat. After that, we did get a few very nice fish over the next several days, but I’d say that 2/3 of the fish were “pee wees” (3# or less). Big fish highlights included a personal best brown trout for our boat (17.5#) and a 21# king that took one of the most blistering runs I can recall for one of our first time crew.

The majority of our fish came on downriggers 45-55 feet down over 65-85 feet of water. Dipsey’s yielded very little fruit for us on this trip. Far and away, our best spoon was the blue dolphin Pro King with glow tape. Second best was one of our few remaning Trixie spoons with the chartreuse roe in the middle. Glow colored baits were good before the sun came up. Trollling speed was typically between 2.1 and 2.3 mph.

Good luck and be safe!

Jim

><(((>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.