Gills Rock/Rowley’s Bay Report

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Just got back from Door County a few days ago and had a great trip! First day and a half, the fishing was limited due to weather, but were able to squeeze in a few hours Wednesday night (after storms in the area had passed) and Thursday morning (before the wind started howling out of the north). If I had to summarize the fishing for our boat, I’d say it was generally steady, though we never really pounded ’em…put 28 fish in the boat over three days and certainly lost our fair share. Minus a handful of shakers, the majority of the fish were 3-4 year olds, so the quality was terrific! Generally fished over 60-90 feet of water, 45-65 feet down. Best spoons for us when the sun was in the sky were watermelon Pro Kings and chrome/chartreuse Trixie spoons. Glow worked well in low light conditions. Also pulled a few fish on dodgers and green or pearl flies. Best trolling speeds for us were between 2.3-2.6 mph. Pretty fair split between the number of fish that came on down riggers verses dipseys, with riggers getting the edge. Haven’t had a chance to down load pics from the camera yet, but will see if I can get those in the next few days.

Good luck, be safe and have fun!

Jim

><(((>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.